Android Fire tv always get message low on storage
I have 2 fire tvs in my house. One always gets low on storage it has just a few apps from the app store on it and i delete packages and cache weekly inside XBMC.
Today it was happening when my daughter was watching something from our local NAS.
Mine in the lving room i have gotten the message 1 time but i have a bunch of adoons in XBMC and i have apps on the fire tv from some of the tv providers and a few games. When it happened i deleted a couple big apps since amazon stores them in the cloud anyway and redownleded later.

But for my daughters i don't get it every day i have to deal with her coming saying dad its low on storage again and we ignore and 5 min later critically low on storage.
So i don't know what to do. I know others who have FIRE Tvs and have no issues.
I finally went through yesterday and deleted a bunch of add ons in xbmc she doesn't use and she had several skins on there i deleted all but aeon NOX since thats what she uses and thought that will be the end of it. Today boom she's watching 20 min on the NAS and up pops LOW ON STORAGE.

Any ideas from you guys? I never get the message when watching netflix, amazon prime or any app just in XBMC.
Is it actually low on storage if you check outside of XBMC? Is the message coming from XBMC or Android/Fire OS?
It's the fire TV pop up.
Are you using an advancedsettings.xml file to modify the video cache, by any chance?
I have and I haven't tried it both ways. My daughters is not thoigh.
Somsone said sown thing about thumbnail cache and thumbnails that don't get deleted?
I had that on my ftv and changed a setting for the video cache in advanced settings and haven't seen it for a while…..
What did you change? If you can share it that would be great its getting to where it does it even if I'm watching from my local NAS

ihave 0 cache set up
Well, if it really is XBMC/Kodi that is taking up space, maybe one of these tips might help: HOW-TO:Reduce disk space usage (wiki). That also talks about cleaning up unused images and places where XBMC might accidentally use too much space.
I am receiving the same message "Critically Low on Storage" on my Fire Stick. It is down to approx. 200 mb left. Whenever I try to go into the Settings or Programs sections of my Kodi (14.2), the screen is blank/black. I have found where I can install something to remove cache/thumbnails and purge packages, but I can not see the screen to install it. I have cleared the cache from the Kodi app on the fire stick settings, but that only gets me to about 200 mb and each time I try to start Kodi, I keep getting the error messages. I am scared to "Delete Data" as I am afraid it will remove all the settings/addons/repositories, etc...
I am receiving the message "Critically Low on Storage" on my Fire Stick. It is down to approx. 200 mb left. Whenever I try to go into the Settings or Programs sections of my Kodi (14.2), the screen is blank/black. I have found where I can install something to remove cache/thumbnails and purge packages, but I can not see the screen to install it. I have cleared the cache from the Kodi app on the fire stick settings, but that only gets me to about 200 mb and each time I try to start Kodi, I keep getting the error messages. I am scared to "Delete Data" as I am afraid it will remove all the settings/addons/repositories, etc...
Delete the cache from android settings on all the apps you use not just kodi. Then hold the select and play button at the same time to reboot the fire TV stick.
I've tried everything and still can't get my available storage over 500 mb.
I even cleared data from Kodi and started over. Help?
If you have cleared Kodi, and FireTV is saying its still low, then its doesnt sound like a Kodi issue/problem. Maybe uninstall other apps?
I deleted every app except Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire tv always get message low on storage1