iPad Air streaming Spotify via Air Play to XBMX
Shocked 
Hi guys, I'm tearing my hair out at the moment. I can see XBMC in the airdrop tool and select it to output from my iPad Air with iOS8.0.2 to Gotham 13.1. I start a playlist in Spotify on my Ipad and it begins streaming, visualisations work the lot. But when thew track ends, it starts to switch to the new track then stops, yet the track is still playing on my iPad. If I manually skip tracks then the play continues, it seems to be something to do with picking up the next rack automatically. It could be XBMC or it could be the iPad, I don't know. I am also using Transparency Skin in case that makes any difference.

I can't find out what is causing this or if it's a known bug. I am happy to use another app maybe some uPNP thing if there is such a thing for the iPad? I basically want to stream SPotify from my iPad to XBMC because it's easier to use the iPad app.

Pleas please please! Can anyone help? Huh
You should ask the XBMX developers ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
typo :-z
(2014-10-20, 14:02)Memphiz Wrote: You should ask the XBMX developers ...

Hi, it says you are a developer, or is that just a forum tag?
Yes, he is...but only for XBMC. Wink
Sad 
(2014-10-21, 12:05)David1977 Wrote: Yes, he is...but only for XBMC. Wink

That's what I need, XBMX was a typo and I can't change it!
Please try latest alpha build of Kodi 14.0 Helix (13.1 is gotham - newest gotham is 13.2 but its unlikely that your issue is fixed there). Also if you write AirDrop i hope you ment AirPlay because AirDrop is something totally different and there is no AirDrop in XBMC whatsoever (and it wouldn't even make much sense becasue AirDrop is for exchanging files/pictures between apple devices).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-21, 16:20)Memphiz Wrote: Please try latest alpha build of Kodi 14.0 Helix (13.1 is gotham - newest gotham is 13.2 but its unlikely that your issue is fixed there). Also if you write AirDrop i hope you ment AirPlay because AirDrop is something totally different and there is no AirDrop in XBMC whatsoever (and it wouldn't even make much sense becasue AirDrop is for exchanging files/pictures between apple devices).
apologies yes Airplay. Can you upgrade in place from 13.1 to 14.0?
backup your userdata folder for beeing save (wiki.kodi.tv for hints)
(2014-10-22, 00:27)Memphiz Wrote: backup your userdata folder for beeing save (wiki.kodi.tv for hints)

I found the problem! I didn't upgrade, I'm going to wait until Helix goes Beta first. Basically at the 3min mark when XBMC gives the Airplay stream full screen and removes the menu system, the "LU CRC Lyrics" add-on would kick in then crash the Airplay feed. I disabled the add-on and now everything works as it should, woohoo! Rofl
Please report this to the plugin author if possible that he can fix that problem.
That Lyrics addon is a real pest - it also interferes with audio playback from the spotify addon after a few seconds of playback. It's been banished from my systems...

It boggles my mind how an addon that is supposed to download and display lyrics could even interrupt audio playback part way through, (and leave the addon thinking music is still playing) it must be using some kind of nasty hack to be able to cause that...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
or a nasty bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad Air streaming Spotify via Air Play to XBMX0