Missing movie covers after reinstall
A few days ago i upgraded my htpc APU/Motherboard so i had to format and re-install everything.
Hopefully i had XBMC backups, so after reinstalling i just copied my xbmc backup's Roaming and Program Files folders.

Everything is working but i noticed that a lot of movie covers and/or fanarts are missing. I am sure the images were working before the recent changes. The movies were correctly scanned since the description and other info are still here.

If i press "i" then try to change the fanart image, i see that there is a lot of images found but they are all listed as 0 bytes. Even if i select one of them, the image is still not working.

How can i fix this without manually rescanning everything one-by-one ? (i have over 5000 movies)

Note: it's weird because a lot of movies having this problem are hosted on my NAS server, so the files were untouched during the recent HTPC upgrade.
bump
no help?
Try this utility http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-23, 09:20)nickr Wrote: Try this utility http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373

looks very complicated to use... can you tell me exactly what command i need to use to fix my images ?
I wouldn't want to deprive you from learning anything from actually reading what the options say so I suggest you go read them.

Essentially the 3 you should run fairly regularly are (not limited to)
Code:
./texturecache C
./texturecache P
./texturecache Xd
i'm noob and i never used python scripts in windows before... i don't even know how to launch the commands

i opened a DOS windows and changed the folder to the folder with the python script but then i dont know what to do...

and do i need the texturecache.cfg.defaults ??
(2014-10-23, 20:21)anarchoi Wrote: i'm noob and i never used python scripts in windows before... i don't even know how to launch the commands

i opened a DOS windows and changed the folder to the folder with the python script but then i dont know what to do...

and do i need the texturecache.cfg.defaults ??
I don't use windows so can't help much. Do you have python installed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-23, 20:21)anarchoi Wrote: and do i need the texturecache.cfg.defaults ??

No, however you might want to create texturecache.cfg and add
Code:
allow.recacheall=yes
in order to run the commands given to you by uNiversal.

If you only want to re-cache your movie posters (rather than all artwork for all media types), then the following command will run a bit more quickly:
Code:
texturecache.py C movies @cache.artwork=poster

Alternatively just delete your Thumbnails folder and also the Textures13.db file, this will get rid of everything and depending on your ability may be quicker than installing Python and learning a new trick. The downside is you'll be re-caching your artwork for weeks to come.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've just modified the behaviour of the Xd option so that it will also remove any zero byte files, so the OP really just needs to run:
Code:
texturecache.py Xd
texturecache.py c
This will remove all zero-byte thumbnails from the cache, then pre-load the cache with any missing thumbnails (Windows users: note the lower-case c - using an upper case C would "force" items to be re-cached, even if they were already in the cache).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi
Clean your library and then edit your source ,(selected a scraper ) and that should do it ,if that fails use the thumb nail cleaner add,on this works very well on windows based systems and you can pick in the menus witch thumbs artwork etc you wish to keep when finished sorting the addon will ask you if you wish to empty yes and your done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing movie covers after reinstall0