Win XBMC Buddy for Windows Phone 8.1
I've just released XBMC Buddy for Windows Phone, a port of XBMC Buddy for Windows
EDIT: By 'for Windows' I mean modern Windows 8 app...Windows 8+ / RT.

What is XBMC Buddy?
Find an online video (or audio) in an app/website (e.g. a Youtube clip), then share it to XBMC Buddy, which sends the link to XBMC, which will then stream the media. XBMC Buddy can receive hyperlinks from any app that is designed to share links (e.g. IE, Youtube apps).

There is a free trial with limited use of the share functionality but unlimited use of the standard app features. Price is US$1.49, which includes both the Windows Phone and Windows PC/tablet versions (once you own one version you can download the other from the applicable store for free).

Links
XBMC Buddy for Windows Phone
XBMC Buddy for Windows thread (with some troubleshooting info)
My website (with privacy policy and contact details)

Sorry, the app doesn't work on versions of Windows Phone below 8.1. If you have WP8.0 you should be able to upgrade to 8.1 either now or soon.

Quick setup/troubleshooting:
  • allow HTTP control of your XBMC device
  • if you have a password/username it's easier to troubleshoot if you temporarily remove these
  • only use numbers and dots in the IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100)

Please post here for feature requests, help, comments, etc., but note I have no control over what other apps can share content to XBMC Buddy. The Windows Phone share feature relies on apps being programmed to share data out.
I love this app! I used to cast to XBMC with the app Tubecast PRO, but it renders the video on the phone and the play/pause function is buggy. Now I can use my favorite YouTube app Metrotube again and just share to XBMC Buddy via the share button. Much nicer workflow!
Awesome! I'm glad you like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Buddy for Windows Phone 8.11