Gap after first multi channel Flac file
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a handful of Blu Ray audio discs that I converted into multi-channel flac for use with XBMC (specifically OpenElec on Asus Chromebox.)

They play beautifully and I love being able to access them without having to turn on the projector which was the reason for conversion.

However, in every case... There is a gap at the end of the first track ... then the rest of the album plays gapless.

Just a gap at the end of the first track.... All of these files in question require gapless playback also (or I would not likely have noticed.)

I'm tempted to make some sort of dummy ,... empty, multi channel flac file if that's possible and have that play as the first track... if that would work.

-Brian
If you have set "Best Match", then every new song will reopen the sound device which disables gapless. If you want gapless, choose "Optimized" instead.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, I already had "Optimized" selected.

Gapless works for other albums and for every transition except track 1 of multi-channel FLAC files.

That's why I'm considering adding a track 0 or new track 1 with silence just to skirt the issue.
please post a debug log for this scenario

EDIT: and please use a Helix version, we can't do anything about 13.x anymore
Thank you, I will.
All I have for now is 13.2 ... (no Helix yet) however, I tested the same file on a different machine and the problem went away.

So, it's not a XBMC general problem.

On my Chromebox OpenElec - it's currently a problem
On my Mac Min (OS X version of 13.2) - no problem.

I will still try to resolve the issue on my Chromebox .... I'm not sure updates to Helix are available for me yet but then, Helix may also solve the problem.

Thanks Again,

Brian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gap after first multi channel Flac file0