Artwork not displaying after migration.
Hi all,

I've recently migrated my xbmc from one machine to another. My movies are all stored in individual folders with there own own already downloaded and named accordingly.

Since setting up xbmc on the new machine and adding the library all existing artwork downloaded it not displaying.

I have to run the artwork downloader and it looks like it's downloading all the artwork again.

Is there anyway to get xbmc to recognise the already downloaded artwork? I'm running Gotham and using Aeon Nox Plus.
(2014-10-21, 22:28)GTunney Wrote: Hi all,

I've recently migrated my xbmc from one machine to another. My movies are all stored in individual folders with there own own already downloaded and named accordingly.

Since setting up xbmc on the new machine and adding the library all existing artwork downloaded it not displaying.

I have to run the artwork downloader and it looks like it's downloading all the artwork again.

Is there anyway to get xbmc to recognise the already downloaded artwork? I'm running Gotham and using Aeon Nox Plus.

This should be posted in the general forum...but, the way to fix this problem is to copy your entire userdata folder and replace it with the userdata folder on your new system. The cache and artwork are stored in the userdata folder and you should be able to freeze the state of your old box and transport it to your new one provided all the library data paths remain unchanged.
Thanks for the reply. I did copy over the userdata folder but unfortunately the paths have changed.

Looks like I'll just have to leave it running overnight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork not displaying after migration.0