AirPlay from OSX and IOS - Not showing/No Video
http://pastebin.com/14VQrb45
Debug log from xbmc

Raspbmc running on Raspberry Pi model B+
Raspberry Pi is connected to LAN via ethernet. Firewall is disabled.

pi@raspbmc:~$ grep XBMC .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | head -2
15:46:15 T:3037405984 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (13.2 Git:20140817-0f3db05). Platform: ARM Linux 32-bit
15:46:15 T:3037405984 NOTICE: Using Release XBMC x32 build, compiled Aug 19 2014 by GCC 4.7.1 for ARM Linux 32-bit 3.2.21

pi@raspbmc:~$ cat /scripts/upd_hist/build_info
raspbmc-rls-1.0-hardfp-b20130208-u20140926

From my iPad running IOS 7, XBMC (raspbmc) is listed as a device. My AppleTV2 is also listed and works 100%
From my macbook air, XBMC is not listed. AppleTV2 is 100% functional

From my iPad, I can stream Pandora/Slacker and TuneIn audio from apps but Netflix, Amazon, Safari and Youtube all fail. Netflix and Amazon give an error but Safari and YouTube just don't lock, I guess is the right way to say it.

tldr;
1: AirPlay from iPad to Raspberry Pi works for Audio only. All attempts at video fail.
2: Macbook does not even see AirPlay device on Raspberry Pi

Please help
netflix, amazon, youtube - those are incompatible with xbmc and will never work (drm content / fairplay encryptinOn) - safari should work - also third party apps with non drm content (meaning free movies). From your macbook itunes should work (audio and nondrm video) - mirroring is not and will never (i think that is what you are trying from your macbook).

All in all you picked all the encrypted airplay apps / use cases which just won't work with xbmc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@ Thinnerap -> a cheap easy option for the commercial drm / encrypted streams from the iPad / iPhone to the big screen is to get hold of a cheap Chromecast. Google use a different method to stream.

I have gone down this route and it works well.

(2014-10-22, 00:21)Memphiz Wrote: netflix, amazon, youtube - those are incompatible with xbmc and will never work (drm content / fairplay encryptinOn) - safari should work - also third party apps with non drm content (meaning free movies). From your macbook itunes should work (audio and nondrm video) - mirroring is not and will never (i think that is what you are trying from your macbook).

All in all you picked all the encrypted airplay apps / use cases which just won't work with xbmc.

On my iPad I went to watch the Apple keynote from apple.com in Safari. I see my AppleTV2 and XBMC listed in AirPlay and the AppleTV2 will work, but not xbmc. What's up with that?
apple keynote is done with mov playlist which is not supported by the xbmc player. You get the point that xbmcs airplay capability is either limited by drm or our player...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay from OSX and IOS - Not showing/No Video0