• 58(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Says the guy who is selling hardware full of crap and leaching from us.
We're too busy busting those useless hardware resellers instead of working on important matters.
You don't know anything what the foundation can do so. As such keep those assumptions to yourself.
Be a man, clean out your webshop and don't advertise with "free movies" and still using Kodi/ XBMC on those boxes. Until then you should stay quit.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@j1nx I didn't want to raise the subject, but indeed, giving lessons while you knowingly break the Foundation rules regarding the use of the Kodi name cast a shadow on your motives...
I am not giving lessons, just my oppinion, observations, whatever.

To me Martijn his first two sentences say enough.

As a long time user and fan I am just very dissapointed. But anyway, I will let it go. I will let you guys do what you think should be done. It is your game. My words might not have been the most political correct ones, but I stand behind them. I know many others are with me.
Can someone close this thread?
Anybody that needs help with device refer to VidOn forum for support.
This is getting out of hand...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I understand your point j1nx, but AFAIK the sponsorship agreement doesn't contain a clause yet that we are allowed to remove the logo under certain circumstances, so at least we fulfill our part of the agreement even though it sucks. Please note that this is just my assumption - I'm not involved in the sponsorship stuff and also don't know the agreement in detail.
(2015-05-05, 17:48)movie78 Wrote: Can someone close this thread?
Anybody that needs help with device refer to VidOn forum for support.
This is getting out of hand...
I started this thread, but second this comment/sentiment. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-05-05, 18:05)da-anda Wrote: I understand your point j1nx, but AFAIK the sponsorship agreement doesn't contain a clause yet that we are allowed to remove the logo under certain circumstances, so at least we fulfill our part of the agreement even though it sucks. Please note that this is just my assumption - I'm not involved in the sponsorship stuff and also don't know the agreement in detail.

That was my assumption as well. As far as I know, their sponsorship has expired, and all of Team Kodi has rejected the idea of renewal. The fact that their logo is still on the website is most likely an oversight, similar to how sourceforce's logo is still on our mirrors pages even though we left sourceforce a looooooong time ago.

Several months ago VidOnMe was "slow" to release their source code. On more than one occasion they even promoted some of the piracy/bootleg add-ons on their twitter account. At that point we made it a clause of all future sponsorships that non-GPL compliance and/or promoting bootleg/pirate add-ons/services would result in removal of sponsorship status. WeTek and MiniX, the only two HTPC hardware venders that are active diamond sponsors right now, have agreed to those terms.

@j1nx I like you, you've always been a nice guy and one of the better groups that have reused XBMC/Kodi. I don't think you deserve the harsh words you have received here from others. I think your assumptions have come from a lack of communication on our part, and we only have ourselves to blame for that.

With all that said, yeah, let's get that VidOnMe logo off our site.

EDIT: Looks like their sponsorship actually expires on May 18th.
dude what makes you think the foundation is passive or non-acting on this manner. Just because its not done in the public doesn't mean nothing is done. All those conspiracy theorys about the foundation making money and milking the cow. The foundation are the same guys who post here in the forum and they are as volunteers like everyone else. Just because its a foundation doesn't mean there are employees working on stuff like that in a normal day. Its us with all the limit time resources we have.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3