• 38(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2015-01-23, 12:38)j1nx Wrote: It has been 17 days. GPL requires the source to be available at the exact same time as any binary is released. Still nothing is being done about it (diamond sponsor means 10k so...)
Yeah there are no excuse for VidOn keep ignoring these simple source requests, how hard can it be to release the source code at the same time.

Seriously, just say that VidOn are prohibited from releasing any binaries of Kodi unless the release the source code to build each binary first.
(2015-01-21, 12:46)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Good news! We are going to support the 1080p UI very soon, by then your XBMC will look better. Smile

Are you also going to fix the handshake problem regarding 3D with some receivers and TV's?
(2015-01-23, 12:38)j1nx Wrote: It has been 17 days. GPL requires the source to be available at the exact same time as any binary is released. Still nothing is being done about it (diamond sponsor means 10k so...)

This together with the "pussy" type of non-action being taken about trademark violators out there. (A lot of talk and shouting of 8 step rules bla bla, but still no action), make me loose any respect/faith/confidence in the current board members of the XBMC Foundation. (Official foundation or not, it pretty much starts to looks like a bunch of hobbyist getting to big for their shoes)

Sorry, but it needs to be said.

Oh, there's action being taken, it just hasn't been public. They're risking losing their sponsorship status and at the same time being put on our shame list. We've tried to be diplomatic about it, but the time for diplomacy seems to be over..

EDIT: well, looks like it is there: https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc/commits/gotham.vidonme

My apologies to VidOn.Me
We already have pushed the code to the github. Please see the github.

And today we release another new version, also, we already have updated the code to the Github!

VidOn XBMC v0.0.0.5 Beta

Release Date: Jan 24, 2015

Download link
http://www.vidon.me/download/xbmc/VidonX....0.0.5.apk

Change Log
1. Add a feature to automatically install add-ons that are stored in a specific path
2. Support more video playback setting features
3. Fixed an issue where long path names and special characters in the path name prevented playback from working properly
4. Fixed an issue where certain SMB/NFS sources would not playback from certain NAS servers
5. Fixed an issue where exit XBMC may cause VidOn Media Center reset

Please update your VidOn XBMC to the latest version asap!
Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-01-24, 10:18)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 12:46)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Good news! We are going to support the 1080p UI very soon, by then your XBMC will look better. Smile

Are you also going to fix the handshake problem regarding 3D with some receivers and TV's?

Yes, we are trying our best to solve this issue.
It's really a hard problem, even the chipset company almost give up to fix it.
Do not install the new version , buffering issues are back , hdmi crashes , and remote stops working , only taking out the box from the power resets the box
New video options are not working ( changing zoom ratio , pixel ratio make no changes at all )
Sound noise when pausing , seeking , buffering

Also , the forum posts are being censored constantly
Hi, Trigu75
Maybe you should try to do a clean installation.
Clean the data of the old version and uninstall it then install the new version on your box.

As you can see the changelog, that's what the new version changed.
Some video options are not working because some of these options on the official Android version XBMC/Kodi also are not working, and some of these options need the APIs from the SDK, which must to be modified by Allwinner.
All these options work fine using spmc and original gotham from kodi , and helix from kodi
I did a clean installation ( i always do )
Deleting my posts and locking my posts makes difficult to answer any non sense answers given by your forum moderators ( smd )
Asking non relevant question like sdk version when there is no way to run any other sdk version than the latest
Asking how am i transfering the files when that was already answered in previous posts a number of times
Not all of these settings are working on the official Android version.
1. Deinterlace video
2. Deinterlace method
3. Video scaling method
4. Crop black bars
5. Post-processing
6. Stereoscopic mode inverted
These settings, according to our test result, on the VidOn Box are also not working on an official android XBMC.
If you think I'm wrong, please tell us your testing environment.
Hmmmm , you ignored what i wrote and added all the settings i didnt write sir
The new version doesn't play all 3D isos in 3D. Some are played in 2D only.
[/quote]

Yes, we are trying our best to solve this issue.
It's really a hard problem, even the chipset company almost give up to fix it.
[/quote]

Hi Wolly

Can you give us an update/explanation on the above, why is the chipset company almost giving up on this fix.

Thanks
ו dont understand , how hard is changing a documented http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide fex script.bin/config
Or documented kernel https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sun...p/dev_fb.c

Or changing the kernel bootargs adding the display mode is

It was done on older chipsets ( a10 , a20 )

I wish i had the sources the box use
I don't know the technical thing, I heard about that from one of our developers who is working with other chipset companies, like Amlogic.
I said it's a very hard problem, it's not like what you thought to simply change some code in the SDK.
We are still working on it to find some other methods to get around this issue.

This is not a issue only happens on our Box, but also most of other Android boxes if those boxes also will support HD audio passthrough or 3D. So we hope to work with the chipset companies to solve this big problem.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3