Web service to get stable version of Kodi?
I'm working on some code to update my XBMC/Kodi installation when a new stable version is released. I know I can parse the download page but I'm looking of rsomething "cleaner". Is there a web service I can call to get the latest stable version number and, maybe, a download link?

Thank you!
Maybe like this? At least "cleaner" than the download page: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/
(2014-10-22, 21:32)Mettbrot Wrote: Maybe like this? At least "cleaner" than the download page: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

In fact my last resort plan is to parse the download page for "stable version: XX.X" then parse de mirrors page you're referring to get the URL of the file including the "XX.X" in name file and ending with ".exe". I can do this but I'm at risk if the design of those pages change in the futur... Undecided

That's why I was looking for an official web services.

Thank you for your help!
The xbmc version check addon contains a file called versions.txt that has all the stable, release candidate, beta, etc type version info in it. Whenever this addon is updated it pulls in the new data so in theory you could just parse this file. When xbmc releases a new stable version the addon should update to include that version within the file. Since the URLs for downloads are always constructed the same it should be easy to figure out the URL on your own from that information.
(2014-10-22, 22:55)robweber Wrote: The xbmc version check addon contains a file called versions.txt that has all the stable, release candidate, beta, etc type version info in it. Whenever this addon is updated it pulls in the new data so in theory you could just parse this file. When xbmc releases a new stable version the addon should update to include that version within the file. Since the URLs for downloads are always constructed the same it should be easy to figure out the URL on your own from that information.

That seems perfect but the versions.txt file haven't been updated since 13.2 have been released on august 18th. 2 month late is a little bit longer than I would expect. Undecided

It doesn't include 13.2 : https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/service.x...rsions.txt

Thank you!
That could explain why so many users are stil on 13.1 if this is the correct used file Smile

I guess Kodi team need to no forget this one Wink
(2014-10-23, 08:28)Tolriq Wrote: That could explain why so many users are stil on 13.1 if this is the correct used file Smile

I guess Kodi team need to no forget this one Wink

the add-on is not updated immediately because need to know if it's stable enough to notify.
Now with the rebrand things in the add-on needs to change a bit hence i hold of on updating the file. Also there was a small addition to the JSON-RPC that adds alpha versions which we didn't have before.

Also there's no real reason to update to 13.2 if 13.1 works without any issues for you Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hehe the delay is logical but I was just wondering why users takes to long to update their XBMC.

As this help understanding how users will update to Kodi to better anticipate the need to support new JSON things Wink

Information is the sinews of war. (So if you have any usual delay info between release and validation date in this plugin Wink )
after the addaption for Kodi go in the add-on i will also need to adapt for Dharma and Eden versions as the repo for those are now disabled as almost all addons are simply broken. So this means doing a one time notification for those users saying their installed version is out of support.
This needs proper testing from every version since 10.0 so it doesn't break later versions.

We know there are still many Frodo version users as they are still happy with it and it still work fine. They don't need/want any fancy new features. Now our add-on api is quite stable i suspect Frodo will keep receiving updates for some time to come.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web service to get stable version of Kodi?0