• 19(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
(2014-12-10, 20:59)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 06:34)cookiemonster70 Wrote: I have added an option to select the CDN Server. This should help those with buffering issues select an alternate server. I have submitted it to ellisd and just awaiting for him to accept the update.

Any chance you could also share this with Timewasted on his plugin : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...gamecenter

His has the ability to start a game from the beginning, which is a huge plus for me...

I have not had a chance to look at his plugin yet but was planning on it. After I do I see about contributing to it. You may ask him to implement it.

I have not heard back from ellisd. So anyone interested in using this version (0.8.2) can install from zip from my repository here:

https://github.com/TheCookieMonster70/pl...master.zip
Streaming Issue - Pivos XS

I am going to post this here - it may be the wrong area though.

I have an Android Pivos XS Box which runs Tofu - which is a fork of XBMC 13.2. I have an issue with thumbnail generation that led me to install XBMC 13.2 and Kodi RC3 to try instead of Tofu.

Basically - playing with Tofu - 5000 kbps streams play perfectly.

But, when I played with XBMC 13.2 - the 5000 kbps video stream played like it was in slow motion. Audio playback was fine. When I switched to 3000 kbps - everything played ok - but doesn't look as good.

I switched back to Tofu - 5000 stream played perfect - immediately switched to XBMC - couldn't use 5000 stream. Rebooted - XBMC video slow motion, switch to Tofu - everything was fine. Completely erased all app data - and tried only the NHL Gamecenter plugin - XBMC sideloaded - video slow, Tofu - perfect playback. I did this again with Kodi as well - same results.

With all the switching back and forth I'm confident that it's not a network condition as the results were always consistent.

Not sure exactly sure why there would be a difference here (maybe decoder related?). I was kind of surprised that Tofu was so much better in this regard.

I posted about this on the Pivos support forums here:
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...79960c0ca5

They suggested that I post here. If I have the wrong area - can you let me know?
Script not working for me right now. It was working two days ago. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Code:
01:03:36 T:5444 NOTICE: http://live.nhle.com/GameData/GCScoreboard/2014-12-24.jsonp
01:03:36 T:5444   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 30, in <module>
                                                LIVE(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 93, in LIVE
                                                games = getLiveGames(True)
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py", line 68, in getLiveGames
                                                json_scoreboard = getScoreBoard(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py", line 342, in getScoreBoard
                                                json_source = json.loads(jsonData)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 365, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
01:03:36 T:5444  ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?mode=1&url=%2flive
01:03:36 T:5444   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?mode=1&url=%2flive) failed

Looks like http://live.nhle.com/GameData/GCScoreboa...2-24.jsonp doesn't exist.
Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /GameData/GCScoreboard/2014-12-24.jsonp was not found on this server.
(2014-12-24, 02:08)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: Script not working for me right now. It was working two days ago. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Code:
01:03:36 T:5444 NOTICE: http://live.nhle.com/GameData/GCScoreboard/2014-12-24.jsonp
01:03:36 T:5444   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 30, in <module>
                                                LIVE(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 93, in LIVE
                                                games = getLiveGames(True)
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py", line 68, in getLiveGames
                                                json_scoreboard = getScoreBoard(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))
                                              File "C:\Users\NHL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py", line 342, in getScoreBoard
                                                json_source = json.loads(jsonData)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 365, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
01:03:36 T:5444  ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?mode=1&url=%2flive
01:03:36 T:5444   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?mode=1&url=%2flive) failed

Getting the same error here, again working a few days ago. I did just update to Kodi RC3 so will try going back to RC2
edit plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/lib/games_live.py

Replace the url in line 331 with http://live.nhle.com/GameData/RegularSea...Scoreboard=
quick and dirty fix, unckeck "Show scores" in settings and comment line 68 in games_live.py
you can find the file under addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/lib/

https://github.com/dannyellis/plugin.vid...ive.py#L68
line should look like this
Code:
#json_scoreboard = getScoreBoard(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))
(2014-12-24, 02:53)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: edit plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/lib/games_live.py

Replace the url in line 331 with http://live.nhle.com/GameData/RegularSea...Scoreboard=

(2014-12-24, 02:58)~tbg Wrote: quick and dirty fix, unckeck "Show scores" in settings and comment line 68 in games_live.py
you can find the file under addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/lib/

https://github.com/dannyellis/plugin.vid...ive.py#L68
line should look like this
Code:
#json_scoreboard = getScoreBoard(datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))

Thanks for the quick replies, had to delete cookies.lwp but it's all working again now.
Besides scoreboard problem (which stopped today, strangely), I have a weird thing going on: On Christmas I wasn't been able to play any game due to this:
Code:
20:21:39 T:5472  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://nlds150.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds_vod/nhl/vod/2014/12/27/516/2_516_car_tbl_1415_h_continuous_1._5000_ced.mp4.m3u8
20:21:39 T:5472 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:21:39 T:6248  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
20:21:39 T:6248  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
20:21:39 T:6248   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 404
20:21:39 T:6248  NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
20:21:40 T:6248   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 404
20:21:40 T:6248   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
20:21:40 T:6248   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://nlds150.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds_vod/nhl/vod/2014/12/27/516/2_516_car_tbl_1415_h_continuous_1._5000_ced.mp4.m3u8>

Today I streamed one game and it was working, and now again fails on that.

Another thing is, all of the names are not displaying correctly, it's like text is behind the thumbnail. I have 1366x768 res.
Smile 
don't know if it can help, two days ago, after doing what SnorkUK pointed, it works again, but today
I had a script error again .... I erased cookies.lwp one more time and it works .... for me Big Grin
Cookie Monster 70 - Thanks for adding the ability to select servers but do you have any insight into what the different options represent?
(2015-01-01, 01:05)Flyersfan Wrote: Cookie Monster 70 - Thanks for adding the ability to select servers but do you have any insight into what the different options represent?

NHL Gamecenter uses 3 different CDN (Content Delivery Networks) to deliver the feeds. cdnak (Akamai) which is the main CDN. The other two are cdnllnwnl (Limelight) and cdnl3nl (Level3). I was thinking of re-naming the options names to their actual representation names of the CDN just haven't had time to do so.

I have found this feature along with using different dns like googles gives me no to very little buffering. Maybe others can chime in if it has helped them as well.
It is a great enhancement. The other day I was watching the flyers/Avs game and had a lot of buffering on the default server, I switched to the second option and had buffering there as well, went with the third and presto! No buffering the rest of the game! Thanks a lot for adding the feature.
Hey sorry for being so AFK lately. Been busy around the holdiays.

Cookie, I merged your pull request into master on the branch now.

Since Erack has access to the official one he will need to do a request to the official but at least it's in one location again.

Cheers
Hi
Sorry I'm new to the forum. I get my gamecentre through rogers and the just forced me to switch my username to my email addresss. I'm now getting the login credentials error on my kodi but it works on my tablet and PS3. I see this is some what of a common problem, just wondering if there is a fix?

I have tried the old username and the "new" email address, tried to re-register to gamecentre through Rogers and still the error. I go to NHL.com and sign in through Rogers and have to use my email address but in once signed in it shows up as my username. But again I use both and it still comes up as the credentials error again on my kodi on my raspberry pi.

Thanks!
Last night I installed 0.8.2 from the master zip here, on top of 0.8.0 that i believe i originally loaded from carb0s repo long ago. I was able to see the new server setting and went into the game i wanted to watch but when i chose quality and home/away, it would end up just bringing me to another xbmc list page with no content or options. Do I need to completely delete all my kodi prefs and reinstall everything or something?

Thanks, this mod makes game center a slightly more sensible purchase and maybe invaluable now with the server option. NHL should be paying you!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7