• 6(current)
iOS 8 support
(2014-11-06, 21:10)lizabelloo Wrote: I get this error message every time I try to install Kodi on my jail broken ipad2 and iPad mini 2 IOS 8.1 :

"Executing Command: /usr/bin/dpkg -i "/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb"

(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `io.pangu.loader' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
5286 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-ios (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
failed in buffer_write(fd) (14, ret=-1): backend dpkg-deb during `./Applications/XBMC.app/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/errors.rsrc': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb

Finished with Result Code: 256"

Any suggestion?
Install cydia
(2014-11-07, 14:52)Memphiz Wrote: Well the problem is that those ios8 fixed gotham releases package a re-touched version which is ment to be used with helix. It might be possible to delete this version and reload the Gotham compatible version of re-touched from our repo. That would be a reason why it works on one of your devices (in that case you might have had the re-touched skin downloaded before updating to one of those ios8 builds).

Lot of assumptions here. Fact is the shipped re-touched won't work with gotham Wink

I really hate to suggest a hacky solution, but maybe ronie can update the gotham version of Re-touched to have a higher version number, so it updates the helix one that is included in 13.2-3. It would only effect Gotham builds and it doesn't require repackaging 13.2.
neither of both is needed imo - 13.2-3 will have touched skin selected on vanilla installations
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-08, 18:09)Memphiz Wrote: neither of both is needed imo - 13.2-3 will have touched skin selected on vanilla installations

Yeah, but I'm one of the people who use Re-touched, and the Helix Re-touch is a higher version number than the one downloaded from the Gotham repo.

In other words, it breaks existing installations, and a lot of people have been advised to use Re-touched and not just Touched during the last year.

Granted, I know how to manually download re-touched, open it up and edit the addon.xml file, and reinstall it, but it would make it a lot easier for all the other Re-touched iOS users if that addon.xml file was slightly bumped on our end.
that would break it for all Helix users
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-08, 22:55)Martijn Wrote: that would break it for all Helix users

Nope, because the version in the Gotham add-on repo is listed as incompatible for Helix, so Helix users can't install that version. There is no Re-Touched in the Helix repo (it would be nice if there was for touch screen PC users), but if there was, we would just make that a higher version than the Gotham version. The ReTouched that comes with iOS and Android is already a higher version number than the one from Gotham, so even iOS 13.2-3 users shouldn't have an issue upgrading to Helix.

EDIT: I got mixed up there. This would require a version bump in both Gotham and Helix versions, but that's still trivial and would fix something that is broken on a stable build. Like I said, it's hacky, but better than broken.
BTW, the arm64 port of Gotham 13.2 supports iOS 8 now: http://yangapp.googlecode.com/svn/debs/o...-arm64.deb. I've merged Memphiz's iOS 8 patches.
I am sorry to bump that thread.

I am wondering if there is a fully working version of Kodi for iPad on ios8?

I am using kodi-20141219-d558be8-Helix-ios.deb and i cant play any video (720p or 1080p) because it is stuttering to the point where it is unwatchable.

May be i am not using the right build?

Thanks
where is the Touched skin for the ipad on HELIX 14.0 ? NOT THE RE-TOUCHED i am talking about the touched skin for IOS thanks.
(2014-12-23, 16:27)carmenm Wrote: I am sorry to bump that thread.

I am using kodi-20141219-d558be8-Helix-ios.deb and i cant play any video (720p or 1080p) because it is stuttering to the point where it is unwatchable.

Thanks

v14 final just came out today. Install that.
(2014-12-23, 21:48)u2pop Wrote: where is the Touched skin for the ipad on HELIX 14.0 ? NOT THE RE-TOUCHED i am talking about the touched skin for IOS thanks.

Re-touched is the new version of Touched. As such, no one has bothered to update Touched for v14.
Okey thanks for the reply... One things why When I install kodi from Cydia and there still showing me I have a update? I upgrade it 3 times and samething.

Indeed, I see this as well. I've let the devs know about the update mark problem.
(2014-12-24, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 16:27)carmenm Wrote: I am sorry to bump that thread.

Thanks

v14 final just came out today. Install that.
Ok so i have tested on my iPhone 5s 8.0.1 and i dont have hick ups.

But i still do on my iPad 3 8.0.1 Confused

By the way i used the exact same advancesettings.xml and sources.xml on both device (remote library and files).

Any idea?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play a video on the iPad 3?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8 support0