Help out a noob to get xbmc gear!
Hello everyone!

I was wondering you guys help a noob Huh

I have two TVConfused today.

I would like to buy a NAS, probably a Synology DiskStation DS213j connected with my Asus RT-56U. The NAS should have a bittorrent client.

Then i would like two media players, one for each TV. Which these are i dont know yet, maybe the new nexus player or what you guys recommend.

Can i then stream movies from the NAS to the Media player? Will i be able to see all my movies with covers all the time?

Have i missed something?

Best regards
Belic
Quote:Have i missed something?
Suggestion: do some reading here and at AVSForum's 'media streamers' forum first. You have multiple questions in your post (which server, which media player, which jukebox), and we also don't know your set-up nor your complete expectations (2D, 3D, hd audio, etc.).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I have been searching now for a couple of days and i actually get more confused. Alot of talk about decoding and such.

I mean if i take the Synology DS213j and using it with Bittorrent. Then buy lets say a MiniX Neo X8-H 16GB with xbmc on it and connected with my Samsung UE557005/0 thru hdmi. In my world it should be no problem to start up the minix, just press on any movie and it starts to play?
To answer the setup and expectations part:

I have Asus RT-56U router
60mbit ADSL broadband
Samsung UE55H7005
Panasonic GT60
If it works i will get a Harman Kardon SABRE SB 35.

I would like to play 1080p movies.

Would really appriciate som help.
Let's tackle one thing at a time... media player first.

1080p, full BD rips or re-encoded stuff? Need hd audio? Need full BD 3D?
My HT
Thanks hdmkv for helping me out, really appriciate it!

Not full BD rips, they will be either 1.5-2gb or 8-9gb.

Dont need hd audio or full bd 3d.

Best Regards
Belic
That's an easy one... Amazon Fire TV ($99, but often on sale between $70-88). You install XBMC onto it and you're good to go.

Re: NAS, you mentioned Synology, which I love. I have a 1812+, working great for 2+ years. I have no idea if it can run bittorrent as I don't use it, but I would think so. Check in the Synology forums.

Re: movies covers, XBMC will take care of it.
My HT
Thanks hdmkv, your my hero!

I am living in Sweden so i will order one and make it start up with xbmc, beacuse amazon doesnt work in Sweden. But i found a guide how to do that Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help out a noob to get xbmc gear!0