• 17(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-03-30, 03:51)godson66 Wrote: Hey good people..... On Android, Asus TF201, stock OS 4.1.1, KODI 14.2, Rapier Skin.... Map Data seems to be loading but the actual maps are not rendering...... the scales are loaded in the lower right hand corner..... Just no map images....

yup, the maps are pretty broken lately.

the openweathermap servers that provide the map images
are currently getting more requests than they can handle.

openweathermap says it's a temporary issue and they will be expanding their server capacity.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-03-28, 04:35)AL8782 Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 04:21)bryanbrazil Wrote: Anyone else seeing wildly inaccurate weather results from openweathermap.org? I've had to quit using the addon as temperatures are routinely off by more than 10 degrees Fahrenheit for Northern California. It's almost comical when it says it is raining and I look outside and it is 80 degrees and sunny.

Yeah some days are accurate and the later days aren't. The other day I had temps all in 200's and 400's. I was like I think I would be dead if this was accurate Tongue

https://twitter.com/OpenWeatherMap/statu...2236261376
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello. Sverdlovsk region the city over the river can't define weather. All the time throws the over the river on Penza area. A location in settings I entered 1485445. http://openweathermap.org/city/1485445. Свердловская область город заречный
(2015-04-13, 22:20)deatzar Wrote: Hello. Sverdlovsk region the city over the river can't define weather. All the time throws the over the river on Penza area. A location in settings I entered 1485445. http://openweathermap.org/city/1485445. Свердловская область город заречный

if i understand you correctly, you manually entered a city name and code on the 'expert' settings tab.
this is not supported. you need to use 'location setup' tab and search for a location.
once you've done this, you can you the expert settings to change the values.
There seems to be some problem with the new regional settings that is available in alpha 2. If I set the speed setting to m/s i still get the value for km/h. Also the time format is wrong, I got AM/PM even if i set the format to 24h clock.
(2015-04-15, 10:22)macardi Wrote: There seems to be some problem with the new regional settings that is available in alpha 2. If I set the speed setting to m/s i still get the value for km/h. Also the time format is wrong, I got AM/PM even if i set the format to 24h clock.

thanx, you're indeed correct.

lots of new temp / speed formats have been added to kodi and those are not (yet) supported by the weather addon.
i'll see what i can do. i'm not sure if it makes sense to support them all.
i'm not sure if 'exotic' units like °Rø for temperatures or Furlong/Fortnight for speed are widely used.

the time issue seems to be a bug in kodi: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...b8d221L440
(2015-04-15, 23:44)ronie Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 10:22)macardi Wrote: There seems to be some problem with the new regional settings that is available in alpha 2. If I set the speed setting to m/s i still get the value for km/h. Also the time format is wrong, I got AM/PM even if i set the format to 24h clock.

thanx, you're indeed correct.

lots of new temp / speed formats have been added to kodi and those are not (yet) supported by the weather addon.
i'll see what i can do. i'm not sure if it makes sense to support them all.
i'm not sure if 'exotic' units like °Rø for temperatures or Furlong/Fortnight for speed are widely used.

the time issue seems to be a bug in kodi: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...b8d221L440

Hi Ronie

Thanks for the update to support the new speed units, however it still seems to give me the values for km/h when I have m/s set as unit, isn't m/s supported?

Thanks
Marcus
(2015-04-22, 14:35)macardi Wrote: Thanks for the update to support the new speed units, however it still seems to give me the values for km/h when I have m/s set as unit, isn't m/s supported?

the addon only supports km/h, mph and Beaufort.
i still haven't made up my mind whether i want to add support for any other speed units.
Hi ronie,

in case of speed units, maybe you can figure out which units should be supported in the next kodi version. http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-alpha-2/ Wink
(2015-03-30, 07:49)ronie Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 03:51)godson66 Wrote: Hey good people..... On Android, Asus TF201, stock OS 4.1.1, KODI 14.2, Rapier Skin.... Map Data seems to be loading but the actual maps are not rendering...... the scales are loaded in the lower right hand corner..... Just no map images....

yup, the maps are pretty broken lately.

the openweathermap servers that provide the map images
are currently getting more requests than they can handle.

openweathermap says it's a temporary issue and they will be expanding their server capacity.

Ok but, I got maps on my Windows 8 Dell but not my Android...
i've added support for all new speed & temp units that were recently introduced in kodi isengard:
weather.openweathermap.extended-2.0.1.zip

please test and let me know if you spot any issues.
Thanks Ronie!

Works very well with m/s, really appreciate your hard work!

/Marcus
Hi ronie

Is this a good line, because I can't get image for WindDegree?

Quote: <control type="image">
<posx>95</posx>
<posy>380</posy>
<width>100</width>
<height>100</height>
<colordiffuse>aawhite</colordiffuse>
<texture fallback="demo/N.A.png">$INFO[Window.Property(Current.WindDegree),special://skin/extras/weather/directions/small/,.png]</texture>
</control>
use WindDirection, not WindDegree ;-)

edit:
Window.Property(Current.WindDirection) will return values like S, SE, NNW
as i guess that's what you're after?

if you want the current WindDegree (15°, 180°, 310°), you could use Window.Property(Hourly.0.WindDegree)
Thanks for fast response, like always.

Best Regards
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2