• 25(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-10-03, 16:58)cabrio Wrote: Does it not seem a little odd that the add-on was updated last night, and now I am having these problems and error where there were none before?

Out of curiosity does the problem happen when your network traffic is overloaded ?

I've seen a couple of times weird behaviour with OSMC (freeze but SSH works) at the same time as the Openweathermap addon was not working as i stated above..

Now running in debug mode for days but of course cant replicate the same problem Smile
The weather addon is causing crashes in V16 no idea why but now I can enable extra weather debugging to see if it produces something.

Im more inclined to think its some Kodi change that causes the addon to be able to do this no idea what though see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244089
This addon works great with Aeon MQ6 skin. However, sometimes the 7-day display doesn't show on the Weather tab (it shows when you go into the addon, just not on the Kodi home screen). Is this a problem with the skin or the addon?

Also, is it possible to add my own weather maps? If not, can we request to have others? I'd like to have a 2-3 hour repeating radar loop, so you can see a storm moving in rather than have a static image. Another thing I'd like to see is maybe a change in the pressure map to have RED lines or something so you can see it better. Right now, it's hard to make out the difference between a state/county line and the pressure bars. Lastly, would it be possible to change the High and Low temp font colors to just white, and then maybe have them Blue when they're under freezing, and Red when they're over say 90-degrees Fahrenheit? These are mostly cosmetic issues though, and not something that NEEDS done. Thanks for a great addon!
(2015-10-19, 16:34)hansolo77 Wrote: This addon works great with Aeon MQ6 skin. However, sometimes the 7-day display doesn't show on the Weather tab (it shows when you go into the addon, just not on the Kodi home screen). Is this a problem with the skin or the addon?
if it's on the weather screen, but not on the home screen, it's defenitly a skin issue.

(2015-10-19, 16:34)hansolo77 Wrote: Also, is it possible to add my own weather maps? If not, can we request to have others? I'd like to have a 2-3 hour repeating radar loop, so you can see a storm moving in rather than have a static image. Another thing I'd like to see is maybe a change in the pressure map to have RED lines or something so you can see it better. Right now, it's hard to make out the difference between a state/county line and the pressure bars.
i'm afraid it will not be easy to implement any of this.
the weather addon simply downloads the maps that are available on openweathermap.com.
if they would provide animated maps, i would certainly use them, but sadly they don't.

(2015-10-19, 16:34)hansolo77 Wrote: Lastly, would it be possible to change the High and Low temp font colors to just white, and then maybe have them Blue when they're under freezing, and Red when they're over say 90-degrees Fahrenheit? These are mostly cosmetic issues though, and not something that NEEDS done. Thanks for a great addon!
that's also a skin thing. the skin decides how the weather info gets displayed in kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Alright no problems! Thanks for replying and telling me. I still love the addon and will use it all the time!
Hi,

I'm having an issue with no weather data being received through the add-on. I added 2 locations using zip codes in my area and both give me 32' F as default and no additional information. I do know something is working as the map does generate a local area map however there is no other data available for current and future forecast.

Thank you for your time.

http://pastebin.com/LR19Zk99
(2015-10-24, 22:12)jdastas Wrote: I'm having an issue with no weather data being received through the add-on. I added 2 locations using zip codes in my area and both give me 32' F as default and no additional information. I do know something is working as the map does generate a local area map however there is no other data available for current and future forecast.

looks like the zipcodes don't work:
Quote: weather.openweathermap.extended: current data: {"cod":"404","message":"Error: Not found city"}

which zipcode(s) did you use?

it does work if you try it using location names instead i assume?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-10-24, 22:29)ronie Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 22:12)jdastas Wrote: I'm having an issue with no weather data being received through the add-on. I added 2 locations using zip codes in my area and both give me 32' F as default and no additional information. I do know something is working as the map does generate a local area map however there is no other data available for current and future forecast.

looks like the zipcodes don't work:
Quote: weather.openweathermap.extended: current data: {"cod":"404","message":"Error: Not found city"}

which zipcode(s) did you use?

it does work if you try it using location names instead i assume?
Thanks Ronie,

85249 & 85248, I live in Chandler, AZ USA. I like to use zips because I notice the weather can sometimes be slightly different depending on what part of Chandler I'm in and there is a weather station at the school across the street from me. I will try and test it by adding location by name only and see if that works later.
(2015-10-24, 22:46)jdastas Wrote: 85249 & 85248, I live in Chandler, AZ USA. I like to use zips because I notice the weather can sometimes be slightly different depending on what part of Chandler I'm in and there is a weather station at the school across the street from me. I will try and test it by adding location by name only and see if that works later.

just tested it and searching locations by zipcode does not work properly with the openweathermap api.
use Chandler and Sun Lakes as location names instead and you should get the same result.
I think this might be a skin issue, but is OpenWeatherMap Extended currently broken with the latest Jarvis builds of Kodi? I can get the basic current conditions, but any of the Extended features like the forecast and weather maps aren't working. I'm just curious where I need to direct the issue to.. the addon, or the skin, or Kodi in general.

Thanks for a great app though! I love it and use it all the time (when it was working lol).
I've tried defining my location both by zip code (95758) and by city (Elk Grove, CA) and by nearest large city (Sacramento, CA). None of the above produced any results. Always 32' F for today and future days, and no additional information available.

Windows 7, Kodi 15.2, Metropolis and/or Aeon Nox skins.
@hansolo77, work your city here with Aeon MQ6 and jarvis, nothing wrong, have all data and images, maps, nothing wrong.

watch gallery

and one image for pagali, work too, using Open Weather Map, and extras work too.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Grr... What gives? LOL.. when I go to the Weather menu, my background changes (and rotates based on the images for the given for the current condition. I have the "on screen" of current and the 7 days, but if I go INTO Weather, all I get is the current conditions (the readout, not images). And if I go down to other various links, they're all blank.
Hello.. these error messages started appearing in logs today (whole day every 30 mins).. Is the problem at Openweathermap end or what might be the problem ?

14:22:24 247153.234375 T:1565520928 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 158, in run
self.fetch_tiles(self.imgs, self.mapdir)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 200, in fetch_tiles
if failed and self.loop < 10:
AttributeError: 'get_tiles' object has no attribute 'loop'
14:22:26 247155.312500 T:1666434080 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1666434080 terminating (autodelete)
14:22:29 247158.375000 T:1518384160 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-5:
self.run()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 158, in run
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 200, in fetch_tiles
14:22:38 247167.437500 T:1573909536 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
self.run()
14:22:39 247168.156250 T:1557132320 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-4:
self.run()
14:22:47 247176.218750 T:1593832480 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-3:
self.run()
(2015-10-30, 14:27)perplex Wrote: Hello.. these error messages started appearing in logs today (whole day every 30 mins).. Is the problem at Openweathermap end or what might be the problem ?

it's a bug in the addon.
i'll post an update to the addon repo.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2