• 28(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-11-21, 18:27)gate1975mlm Wrote: However may I ask where OpenWeatherMap Extended gets it's weather info from?
http://openweathermap.org/

(2015-11-21, 18:33)gate1975mlm Wrote: How do you enable the logging in the add on settings I could not find that for some reason? The only logging setting I see are under the system debugging location.

But now that I got it working do you still want to see that anyway?

nope not needed anymore, but for future reference:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Smile

Also this is very strange when I goto http://openweathermap.org/ is shows the correct current temp which is 50F but in Kodi it still says 45F even after refreshing it,
Here is the OpenWeather City ID number list that needs to be added to the Expert -Location 1 ID area of settings. Do your Location setup first. Then find your City ID number in the above url by hitting CTRL + F on a keyboard and enter it in the Expert section of settings. Thanks to @abba77 for pointing me in the right direction. I finally have OpenWeather working after nearly a year of trying.

why would you go that route?
simply searching for a location should be enough, it'll auto-fill the id.
just tested it for Roanoke Rapids and works fine here.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
When I searched for Philadelphia it gave me ID 4560349.

Not sure how accurate the weather is from OpenWeatherMap but at least it's working unlike Yahoo!
(2015-11-21, 20:12)ronie Wrote: why would you go that route?
I always ended up with "0" in the Location ID in Expert settings when doing a search. Just thankful to have OpenWeather up an running now.
Hi,

I've been struggling w/getting this addon working in my Gotham linux install. What gets me is that occasionally it'll work, then every so often I'll get a script error popup. This is what I see in the logs:

Code:
16:04:04 T:140309434451712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('temp',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/john/.xbmc/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 990, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
                                              File "/home/john/.xbmc/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 286, in forecast
                                                current_props(current_weather,loc)
                                              File "/home/john/.xbmc/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 392, in current_props
                                                set_property('Current.Temperature'          , str(int(round(data['main']['temp']))))
                                            KeyError: ('temp',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

When it works, works great. When it fails I get the script fails popup on the gui and the temperature is wildly off. Like right now it shows 99F|90F ... I'm in Buffalo NY, if only this were true!

Thanks for any pointers.
(2015-11-21, 22:03)mjbxx Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 20:12)ronie Wrote: why would you go that route?
I always ended up with "0" in the Location ID in Expert settings when doing a search. Just thankful to have OpenWeather up an running now.

Just a datapoint for the developer, I also had "0" in the location ID. My city is "East Amherst, NY" which I didn't find in that lookup table so I used the closest location to me that I could find as the location code.
(2015-11-23, 23:13)MoistCowbell Wrote: Thanks for any pointers.

thanx for not reading the first post on how to submit a proper bugreport ;-)
Yep I've never been one to follow directions. No worries, got wunderground working a treat.
OpenWeatherMap Extended is so in accurate for my area which makes it just abut useless for me.

This morning it had a high of 19F here in Philadelphia,PA when in reality the High for today is going to be around 49F.That's a 30 degree difference.

Luckily Yahoo! Weather add on seems to be working again Smile
Hi,
I try to write an API script (with Python) on OpenWeatherMap site, with all the cities of Europe, but I do not know what code can I use.
Could someone help me, please ?
I know the code for a city or several cities , but not for all european cities :
http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/b...e1e96b00e0
Thanks in advance,
nat
(2015-12-03, 18:27)nat_R Wrote: Hi,
I try to write an API script (with Python) on OpenWeatherMap site, with all the cities of Europe, but I do not know what code can I use.
Could someone help me, please ?
I know the code for a city or several cities , but not for all european cities :
http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/b...e1e96b00e0
Thanks in advance,
nat
Would the OpenWeather City List be what you are looking for?
Hi mjbxx,

Great! I will try to do an API with that.

Have a nice day,
nat
I've noticed that the "feels like" temp is always the same as the current temp. After reading about what values OpenWeather can return it appears that "feels like" is not on the list. So my question is if this is addon related or skin related. I'm using AoenNox 5. Thanks
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2