• 6(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
I'm not! I'm just reporting a bug and trying to understand why one weather add on works (in windows) and another one doesn't. If it's still in development that's great. I guess it just sounded to me like "it's a windows problem" which translates to "nothing I can do" end of story. If the problem is being worked on bully! If it's not I just want to know if I should just stop trying to give information and uninstall it. Either way... that's all I'm trying to do. It's just an add on.
Hi ronie,

i did some test why its crashing on windows if location is changed. It has something to do with the PIL library, if you comment out all lines related to it, you can switch between locations without issues.
(2014-12-03, 20:35)Bitboy Wrote: Hi ronie,

i did some test why its crashing on windows if location is changed. It has something to do with the PIL library, if you comment out all lines related to it, you can switch between locations without issues.

thanx, that seems to be correct.
one of the kodi devs is looking into it and found the exact lines of code in the PIL library that's causing issues on Windows.

hopefully he'll be able to fix it in the next version of Kodi (fingers crossed).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yey! Success! bug identified at least.
fix pending: 5880 (PR)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Test build for win32 (only fixes weather addon related issues)
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...13-pil.exe
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-04, 14:09)Martijn Wrote: Test build for win32 (only fixes weather addon related issues)
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...13-pil.exe

Lot's of complaints and no one cares to try a fixed build?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
We are in RC stage. And we merge now very carefully.
Fix will be merged as soon as we get positive confirmations about test build.
I've been testing that pil build on a vm (as original test I did back when, and It seems solid on the exact same set of circumstances I reported it crashed openweathermap extended like clock work.

So it seems indeed the issue of the constant crashing on windows is fixed.

Hows that for feedback?
(2014-12-06, 18:38)uNiversal Wrote: Hows that for feedback?

near perfect. it's only missing a closing bracket in the first sentence ;-)
uNiversal, thanks!

It would be nice to have more reports.
Is there any solution for gotham, or will that not come anymore. This weather app started great and was working for me until 2 days ago on gotham on pc windows 7 32. Now it does not work anymore.
I have tried reinstalling, even all the way from deleting the confluence and eliminating all of the weater app. Does not appear to help..
(2014-12-07, 16:48)sattekop Wrote: Is there any solution for gotham, or will that not come anymore.

nope, there won't be any new releases of XBMC Gotham.

your best option is probably to use another weather addon until Kodi Helix is released.
Win32 "exit" should be fixed starting from next Helix nightly build.
I have been getting some random errors with this on startup and sometimes when I return to the home screen. I believe it happens when the addon is refreshing data for the maps like temperature, wind, and so on. It happens intermittently so I wasn't sure if it was something on my end but it looks like it might have something to do with that. Here is my Log.

Thanks

On a side note... I tried to use xbmclogs but it gave me a content censored error. Does anybody know why that could be?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2