• 168(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
(2016-05-23, 04:38)siuside Wrote: If some of you guys stop attacking "the developer" as if this were his day time job that you guys pay for, maybe he will look into it? NoNo Seriously I have been refraining from making any snotty remarks but this has got to stop and someone should be the bad guy, so be it.

Even then without logs/debug logs no one can assist, so whoever is having issues, why not capture the logs, upload to xbmclogs/pastebin and link it here? Addon is working fine for most of us, including "those 2 useless links" (which play gloriously in 1080p by the way), but we don't post here on a daily basis saying it is working great.

I am not saying that people are making up issues, but 1) how about being respectful to someone who creates these addons for free as a hobby and 2) Posting meaningful debug/error logs so others can try to chime if they can? 3) Donate to show support to the devs?

I can't speak to everyone here, but I am not trying to attack anyone here. I simply wanted to know if others are having issue playing either Live Golf Channel stream for an extended period of time. As I said in my original post, I always get kicked out of the stream when trying to watch for a decent amount of time. If those are the "2 useless links" you are referring to, have you tried watching them for say up to an hour or more continuously without having an issue? I'm just wondering what's going on? Could the issue be that the "official" NBC Sports Live Extra app appears to have different variations depending on the device its for? The app on my IPAD has the live Golf Channel feed. Yet, the apps for the Apple TV and Fire TV don't include an option to watch the Golf channel live....
(2016-05-23, 04:09)lesmoss Wrote: Good guess , foxfan. Even if you are wrong (my guess), that's the kind of helpful comment we need.

My guess: the stream used is obsolete and no longer supported by NBCSLE. Note that the link color is green indicating that NO authentication is supposed to be required.

I'm wondering if this is the case due to the variations of the app I mentioned. Wondering if the same issue would be present if accessing the stream from "Live Golf Extra" using authentication....
(2016-05-23, 05:44)mulliganman Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 04:38)siuside Wrote: If some of you guys stop attacking "the developer" as if this were his day time job that you guys pay for, maybe he will look into it? NoNo Seriously I have been refraining from making any snotty remarks but this has got to stop and someone should be the bad guy, so be it.

Even then without logs/debug logs no one can assist, so whoever is having issues, why not capture the logs, upload to xbmclogs/pastebin and link it here? Addon is working fine for most of us, including "those 2 useless links" (which play gloriously in 1080p by the way), but we don't post here on a daily basis saying it is working great.

I am not saying that people are making up issues, but 1) how about being respectful to someone who creates these addons for free as a hobby and 2) Posting meaningful debug/error logs so others can try to chime if they can? 3) Donate to show support to the devs?

I can't speak to everyone here, but I am not trying to attack anyone here. I simply wanted to know if others are having issue playing either Live Golf Channel stream for an extended period of time. As I said in my original post, I always get kicked out of the stream when trying to watch for a decent amount of time. If those are the "2 useless links" you are referring to, have you tried watching them for say up to an hour or more continuously without having an issue? I'm just wondering what's going on? Could the issue be that the "official" NBC Sports Live Extra app appears to have different variations depending on the device its for? The app on my IPAD has the live Golf Channel feed. Yet, the apps for the Apple TV and Fire TV don't include an option to watch the Golf channel live....

Ok I see that during commercials in the golf free green links, the stream does get dropped if you have selected the option to automatically play the best stream.

This does look like a code issue as when I am not selecting the best stream option to see what bitrates are coming in, I see that the parsing is not happening correctly and the reason could be recent changes in the EXTM3U and one of the segments for commercials bitrates could be the issue.

Code:
#EXTINF:10,2:0
http://54.176.71.189/targeting/api?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftvegolf-i.Akamaihd.net%2Fhls%2Flive%2F218225%2Fgolfx%2F4296k%2FS8qHo4F0Mt8%2F146397%2Fsegment_146397841.ts&cb_url=http%3A%2F%2F54.167.242.196%2Fserver%2Fcb%3Fk%3Dgolfxctgstg-A7c3a2c9-d9ab-2bef-2770-29c820031549-hot-pod%26t%3D2400&type=nad%2Clad&stream_id=golfxctgstg&pars=anvack%3Dnbcu_nbcsn_liveextra_ios_prod_cbe77b80ed3c34525e416e1d5e83545d3c3a2f7a%26eud%3DlS2xYg2I%252Bfn1dBRCScIZDTpYmRYN4BR8f0UgXKU3Bgf2CvOMhndEEhSHmhwMzfnT%252Fmxud3uutBNgpDzpEwlrVOHZjV4V6zI4rZWDiyJu5ai3IwgzPocRrpeOsbfBOIQY%26anvsid%3DA7c3a2c9-d9ab-2bef-2770-29c820031549%26Alternate%3D0%26external_ad_id%3Dgolf_Live_1158767%26Series_Title%3DPGA%2BTour%2BGolf%26event_id%3D5504501%26next_break_duration%3D150%26next_break_no%3D00063770035739%26_auth_cid%3D

For the Comcast, Dish Network issues, folks should be posting their error logs.
(2016-05-23, 04:02)lesmoss Wrote: To Atron and morph78:

"Everything works fine for me" comments are not helpful. You are watching Hockey (I guess). We are watching Golf.

We are not talking about the app in general. We are talking about the specific behavior of the green "Watch Golf Channel LIVE" link in "Live and Upcoming". Give it a try and tell us how it works for you.
Watch Golf channel live working perfect here, provider is charter !
(2016-05-23, 12:31)Atron Wrote:

"Everything works fine for me" comments are not helpful. You are watching Hockey (I guess). We are watching Golf.

We are not talking about the app in general. We are talking about the specific behavior of the green "Watch Golf Channel LIVE" link in "Live and Upcoming". Give it a try and tell us how it works for you.

You tried watching for say an hour or so straight?
From what I can tell there is an issue with some (if not all) comcast logins that started sometime mid may. I have tried older versions of both kodi and this plugin with the same problem. Again, the free streams play fine, but the streams that require a login fail to play.

I never had any issue with the golf channel streams but I never used the "play best stream" option. Also the longest I've watched that golf channel stream was maybe 25 minutes.
(2016-05-23, 06:17)siuside Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 05:44)mulliganman Wrote:

Ok I see that during commercials in the golf free green links, the stream does get dropped if you have selected the option to automatically play the best stream.

This does look like a code issue as when I am not selecting the best stream option to see what bitrates are coming in, I see that the parsing is not happening correctly and the reason could be recent changes in the EXTM3U and one of the segments for commercials bitrates could be the issue.

Code:
#EXTINF:10,2:0
http://54.176.71.189/targeting/api?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftvegolf-i.Akamaihd.net%2Fhls%2Flive%2F218225%2Fgolfx%2F4296k%2FS8qHo4F0Mt8%2F146397%2Fsegment_146397841.ts&cb_url=http%3A%2F%2F54.167.242.196%2Fserver%2Fcb%3Fk%3Dgolfxctgstg-A7c3a2c9-d9ab-2bef-2770-29c820031549-hot-pod%26t%3D2400&type=nad%2Clad&stream_id=golfxctgstg&pars=anvack%3Dnbcu_nbcsn_liveextra_ios_prod_cbe77b80ed3c34525e416e1d5e83545d3c3a2f7a%26eud%3DlS2xYg2I%252Bfn1dBRCScIZDTpYmRYN4BR8f0UgXKU3Bgf2CvOMhndEEhSHmhwMzfnT%252Fmxud3uutBNgpDzpEwlrVOHZjV4V6zI4rZWDiyJu5ai3IwgzPocRrpeOsbfBOIQY%26anvsid%3DA7c3a2c9-d9ab-2bef-2770-29c820031549%26Alternate%3D0%26external_ad_id%3Dgolf_Live_1158767%26Series_Title%3DPGA%2BTour%2BGolf%26event_id%3D5504501%26next_break_duration%3D150%26next_break_no%3D00063770035739%26_auth_cid%3D

For the Comcast, Dish Network issues, folks should be posting their error logs.

I am trying to post a log but there appears to be something wrong with the Kodi Log Uploader. It is giving me an error message when I try to upload a log from within Kodi following the steps here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2016-05-23, 17:27)mulliganman Wrote: I am trying to post a log but there appears to be something wrong with the Kodi Log Uploader. It is giving me an error message when I try to upload a log from within Kodi following the steps here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

As an alternative, you can locate the log file on your system, then copy and paste the contents to pastebin.com or similar, and post the link in the thread. You might want to check the contents and edit any personal info from the log file before posting.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Alright looks like I was finally able to get 1 log: http://xbmclogs.com/pni25kan1
(2016-05-23, 16:37)mulliganman Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 12:31)Atron Wrote:

Was about 30 mins !
(2016-05-23, 23:56)Atron Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 16:37)mulliganman Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 12:31)Atron Wrote: Watch Golf channel live working perfect here, provider is charter !

Was about 30 mins !

I can't even watch for five or ten...
Just to add that i am also having trouble playing anything back. I am getting the error playback failed see log for details. I am also using Comcast login. I will try and see if i can post a log here later on to help the dev out.

Also i agree, its quite sad to see people here attacking the dev for basically creating an addon in his own time for us all to enjoy. I personally would like to thank him for the entertainment he has given me and my family the past year i have been using it. I did not know about the donating paypal and will definitely contribute! cheers for a great addon :-)
Ok, trying one more time. I swear I'm not trying to break the rules... I've uninstalled all disallowed addons...

I am also having the issue mentioned above. Running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2, using Comcast login info.

When I try to play any live content (links colored blue), it attempts to open the stream and then gives me an error.

Here is the log.

Hope this helps.
I just wanted to add my name to the list of Comcast login users that are having problems. Haven't been able to play any blue links for a couple months now.
Same here for Cox subscriber.
Maybe the -recently successfully updated- ESPN3 add-on developers should have a look.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13