• 26(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
not working for me and mine was a new install today
Bought an android box about a year ago and never seem to of been able to get anything running properly on it. No matter what i clicked on i would either get script error or one or more items failed to play. Have just started using it again as i have been told this was down to me being in the UK and i need to get a DNS or VPN so thought i would try and get it working. Complete novice when it comes to this so any help would be so greatfull as i keep having to resort to shitty wiziwig streams to watch games on my laptop which is near enough impossible to tell whos who from the terrible quality.

Firstly, i notice people saying that they use Kodi on laptop/pc and about the different version updates (Gotham) etc. How do i check what version my box is running as i cant find anything at all clicking through all the settings, does it update automatically when a new version is out or does it give me a notification etc.

Secondly, my box is only a dual core, does this matter as i see a lot of people saying to only go for quad

If i was to get a VPN or DNS, how does it work? Eg. is it a one use thing in that if i do it on my laptop i cant do it on any other device or do i need to go in through my android box's browser and do it that way? Or is it more simple case of it just giving me a username and password that i could use on whatever android device i want? Eg if i have it on my android box at home but then decide to take my laptop to a relatives house i can just use it there using my details?

As said, complete and utter novice with this and after using it as a paper weight for the past year, any help on getting it working properly would be greatly apreciated Smile
(2015-02-26, 16:29)Elward Wrote: Bought an android box about a year ago and never seem to of been able to get anything running properly on it. No matter what i clicked on i would either get script error or one or more items failed to play. Have just started using it again as i have been told this was down to me being in the UK and i need to get a DNS or VPN so thought i would try and get it working. Complete novice when it comes to this so any help would be so greatfull as i keep having to resort to shitty wiziwig streams to watch games on my laptop which is near enough impossible to tell whos who from the terrible quality.

Firstly, i notice people saying that they use Kodi on laptop/pc and about the different version updates (Gotham) etc. How do i check what version my box is running as i cant find anything at all clicking through all the settings, does it update automatically when a new version is out or does it give me a notification etc.

Secondly, my box is only a dual core, does this matter as i see a lot of people saying to only go for quad

If i was to get a VPN or DNS, how does it work? Eg. is it a one use thing in that if i do it on my laptop i cant do it on any other device or do i need to go in through my android box's browser and do it that way? Or is it more simple case of it just giving me a username and password that i could use on whatever android device i want? Eg if i have it on my android box at home but then decide to take my laptop to a relatives house i can just use it there using my details?

As said, complete and utter novice with this and after using it as a paper weight for the past year, any help on getting it working properly would be greatly apreciated Smile

You've posted the same thing in about 6 different forums on this site now! I've responded to your PM.
I'm using the android version of Kodi and the 0.06 version of nbc. The video plays for 1 second then the entire app closes.
I've done a search of the thread for the work 'hola' , the free vpn app

I've opened kodi on my android phone using hola but it doesn't work.

Am I right in saying that this addon won't work with hola? From reading the thread, it appears that a better vpn/dns solution would be required.

TIA
(2015-03-04, 13:48)illdoit2morrow Wrote: I've done a search of the thread for the work 'hola' , the free vpn app

I've opened kodi on my android phone using hola but it doesn't work.

Am I right in saying that this addon won't work with hola? From reading the thread, it appears that a better vpn/dns solution would be required.

TIA

PIA works pretty good from what I've read. It's not free but better service.
I've got matricom g box and it had xbmc and kodi installed

Nbc won't work with kodi but does on xbmc

I am also using pia vpn £25 ish for a year. Now working great
Hello All, using raspberry pi 2 w/openelec 64bit OS. having trouble streaming NBC, tried free VPN's; justfreevpn.com & freevpnaccess.com both lagged, so were no good, then tried a paid version from purevpn as that also lagged. not sure if anyone know if there is a 'GOOD' vpn service out there or that the raspberry pi 2 is not powerful enough to stream over a pptp vpn?
many thanks.
(2015-03-05, 11:54)chriscafe Wrote: I've got matricom g box and it had xbmc and kodi installed

Nbc won't work with kodi but does on xbmc

I am also using pia vpn £25 ish for a year. Now working great

Are you saying this NBC Sports app will work with Frodo/Gotham but will not work with the new Kodi ?
I did not know this.... bought PIA last night for a year just to view footy on the weekend.
Do you have a source for this info becuase I tried a replay of the Man Utd match last night and it seemed to work ok. Im running Kodi on OpenElec via Chromebox.
I can condirm nbc works wiv kodi i have it runnin on a pc, android box and jailbroke. Ipad usin smart dns
strange, it is working, but lagging (buffering) is the problem (when I say lagging, you'll get a few minutes then it will stop or pause, then continue), should really had run the 'top' command to see if it was being thrashed, below is version detail;
login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
##############################################
# OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone #
# ...... visit http://www.openelec.tv ...... #
##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 5.0.3
OpenELEC64b:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC64b 3.18.6 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 10 19:26:14 CET 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
OpenELEC64b:~ #

My question is;
is PPTP more intensive than openvpn
is the Pi 2 not powerful enough to support the stream
or have I just had a bad experience with vpn providers thus far.

many thanks
Im having the same issue as some others here. I can get live streams to work on my phone and tablet, but on my android box (gbox q) the golf channel works but clicking on any live stream will show the picture for a second and then kick me out to the home menu. My gbox is running Kodi.

Anyone else come across this and know a fix? Ive uninstalled/reinstalled the app a few times already. If it helps, I live in the US.
(2015-03-05, 14:54)aoshea Wrote: strange, it is working, but lagging (buffering) is the problem (when I say lagging, you'll get a few minutes then it will stop or pause, then continue),
is the Pi 2 not powerful enough to support the stream
or have I just had a bad experience with vpn providers thus far.

many thanks

Have you tried changing the bitrate in settings?
It's working fine for me on a pi2 using Openelec 5.0.5.
As Smurff33 said, I'm using smart dns not a vpn which will slow your speed.
Av used a smart dns on m8 box tried running openelec and android I also have virgin media 120 meg download speed and still buffers for me and changing bit rate does buffer less but picture quality is suffers
what smart dns service are you using? was going to test openvpn, using udp transport as next step if pure vpn don't refund me. cheers
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13