• 5(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
No point making another NBC Sports Live Extra addon. Adding Login Support in this addon makes sense to futureproof it.
You mean adding a section in the current addon where you can opt to login? Or making the whole addon only accessible by NBC/cable provider login?
It should be possible for the addon to give you a choice like some allow you to activate proxy. So you can go into settings and choose to login and use your 'own' account or be a leech like me and use a dns service with the app as it works now. Nothing wrong with choice.
(2014-11-24, 11:21)Damac10 Wrote: It should be possible for the addon to give you a choice like some allow you to activate proxy. So you can go into settings and choose to login and use your 'own' account or be a leech like me and use a dns service with the app as it works now. Nothing wrong with choice.

Please peeps, comment less in this thread about this please.IF login is required THEN I`m sure he`ll have no choice but to add it Wink Look in the code he already does have login commented out(I presume to be used when it is needed/enforced ) Some of us use paid smartdns other free/paid vpn,basically we the user have to be ultimately responsible as we are using a 3rd party tool to remove geo restrictions(Our Choice) What`s not broke don`t fix Smile Enough said Smile Enjoy it & be happy & just report bugs etc.No drama needed. Smile

Yes some vpn(I`ve tried free & premium) & especially smartdns providers aren`t set up to handle the amount of traffic as unusually the WHOLE stream needs to be proxied(not just requests).That`s a lot of data so your vpn or dns proxy provider would need to be a good one.Did some research on this & a free dns proxy website owner confirmed it as did enen92 Smile So it isn`t a normal geoblock & imo NBC are already doing enough to protect their streams.Much more than netflix or Hulu.

Cheers Smile
Noted, and cheers :-)
That might be the reason why my streams buffer only near the end of transmission. Can anyone recommend a VPN/DNS server that copes with this?
I noticed in replay you can't advanced to a certain time of a match using scrub bar. Fast forward is the only option to do so, but would be better to skip to a certain time of an event faster by pointing the mouse on the scrub bar at a certain point. Is this possible?

Some events have the "coverage will begin shortly" and that lasts long before te event begins.
(2014-11-25, 07:04)smokey666 Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 11:21)Damac10 Wrote: It should be possible for the addon to give you a choice like some allow you to activate proxy. So you can go into settings and choose to login and use your 'own' account or be a leech like me and use a dns service with the app as it works now. Nothing wrong with choice.

Please peeps, comment less in this thread about this please.IF login is required THEN I`m sure he`ll have no choice but to add it Wink Look in the code he already does have login commented out(I presume to be used when it is needed/enforced ) Some of us use paid smartdns other free/paid vpn,basically we the user have to be ultimately responsible as we are using a 3rd party tool to remove geo restrictions(Our Choice) What`s not broke don`t fix Smile Enough said Smile Enjoy it & be happy & just report bugs etc.No drama needed. Smile

Yes some vpn(I`ve tried free & premium) & especially smartdns providers aren`t set up to handle the amount of traffic as unusually the WHOLE stream needs to be proxied(not just requests).That`s a lot of data so your vpn or dns proxy provider would need to be a good one.Did some research on this & a free dns proxy website owner confirmed it as did enen92 Smile So it isn`t a normal geoblock & imo NBC are already doing enough to protect their streams.Much more than netflix or Hulu.

Cheers Smile
I couldn't agree with this more....
(2014-11-29, 11:45)gb160 Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 07:04)smokey666 Wrote:

Cheers Smile

What has using a vpn/dns got to do with having a paid nbc sub? It's two different and totally unrelated things. Add the login, make the add on legit
(2014-11-29, 12:13)Akki007 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 11:45)gb160 Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 07:04)smokey666 Wrote: Please peeps, comment less in this thread about this please.IF login is required THEN I`m sure he`ll have no choice but to add it Wink Look in the code he already does have login commented out(I presume to be used when it is needed/enforced ) Some of us use paid smartdns other free/paid vpn,basically we the user have to be ultimately responsible as we are using a 3rd party tool to remove geo restrictions(Our Choice) What`s not broke don`t fix Smile Enough said Smile Enjoy it & be happy & just report bugs etc.No drama needed. Smile

Cheers Smile

What has using a vpn/dns got to do with having a paid nbc sub? It's two different and totally unrelated things. Add the login, make the add on legit

hmmm did I not make myself clear.The WHOLE stream has to be proxied(which isn`t the norm) that was the point of me mentioning the vpn!! Trust me they are doing enough.NBC sports extra isn`t a subscription service either.Login is required because it is owned by comcast,most isp`s in the US get it for free.So this is a rule bend,not break.

'NBC Sports
Download the NBC Sports Live Extra app to watch thousands of live events for free.` <--description from google please notice the word FREE.

Cheers
(2014-11-29, 13:47)smokey666 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 12:13)Akki007 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 11:45)gb160 Wrote: I couldn't agree with this more....

hmmm did I not make myself clear.The WHOLE stream has to be proxied(which isn`t the norm) that was the point of me mentioning the vpn!! Trust me they are doing enough.NBC sports extra isn`t a subscription service either.Login is required because it is owned by comcast,most isp`s in the US get it for free.So this is a rule bend,not break.

'NBC Sports
Download the NBC Sports Live Extra app to watch thousands of live events for free.` <--description from google please notice the word FREE.

Cheers

There no way nbc sports is free to all via the web, you need an appropriate cable subscription.
(2014-11-29, 15:07)Akki007 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 13:47)smokey666 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 12:13)Akki007 Wrote: What has using a vpn/dns got to do with having a paid nbc sub? It's two different and totally unrelated things. Add the login, make the add on legit

'NBC Sports

Cheers

There no way nbc sports is free to all via the web, you need an appropriate cable subscription.

grr.Not commenting again after this.I`ll explain it a different way maybe then you will understand my point.

It`s no different to the people of America using the BBCi player as I have to pay a licence fee to watch the BBC channels & VOD content.Now do you UNDERSTAND!Plus they can use free tools as only the first request needs to be filtered through a proxy.With NBC the WHOLE stream needs to filtered though a one.Meaning you need a fast VPN or decent smartdns so for me the emphasis is on the user & not developer.

p.s I don`t personally care if login details are added Wink I support Chelsea so most of my matches are broadcast either on UK TV or other satellite feeds.I`m commenting for the supporters of the smaller clubs that DON`T get the chance to follow their team properly as tv rights are all screwed up & their games are hardly ever televised.

When NBC enforce login details then of course login details will have to be added.End of story.No more comments from me in this thread.

Only people I can actually see having problems with this are the scum of the earth(because they steal streams & sell them for their own) paid for streaming sites that claim to have ALL premier league matches.Are you perhaps a member of one of those?lol(joking of course)

Cheers,no drama needed.Just saying let peeps enjoy it whilst they still can.
(2014-11-29, 16:17)smokey666 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 15:07)Akki007 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 13:47)smokey666 Wrote: hmmm did I not make myself clear.The WHOLE stream has to be proxied(which isn`t the norm) that was the point of me mentioning the vpn!! Trust me they are doing enough.NBC sports extra isn`t a subscription service either.Login is required because it is owned by comcast,most isp`s in the US get it for free.So this is a rule bend,not break.

'NBC Sports

Cheers

grr.Not commenting again after this.I`ll explain it a different way maybe then you will understand my point.

It`s no different to the people of America using the BBCi player as I have to pay a licence fee to watch the BBC channels & VOD content.Now do you UNDERSTAND!Plus they can use free tools as only the first request needs to be filtered through a proxy.With NBC the WHOLE stream needs to filtered though a one.Meaning you need a fast VPN or decent smartdns so for me the emphasis is on the user & not developer.

p.s I don`t personally care if login details are added Wink I support Chelsea so most of my matches are broadcast either on UK TV or other satellite feeds.I`m commenting for the supporters of the smaller clubs that DON`T get the chance to follow their team properly as tv rights are all screwed up & their games are hardly ever televised.

When NBC enforce login details then of course login details will have to be added.End of story.No more comments from me in this thread.

Only people I can actually see having problems with this are the scum of the earth(because they steal streams & sell them for their own) paid for streaming sites that claim to have ALL premier league matches.Are you perhaps a member of one of those?lol(joking of course)

Cheers,no drama needed.Just saying let peeps enjoy it whilst they still can.

I understand what you're saying, you're just wrong. NBCSN can only be accessed with a cable subscription. So the equivalent would be sky/virgin. It's free to access the online offer because you already pay for it via your cable sub, a la sky go. Now do you UNDERSTAND?
Is anyone else having trouble with streams not being clickable? The list of events doesn't turn blue to indicate they're live so I can't click on anything. It's working fine on my pc but not on my android box, it was working during the week though. The version on my pc is installed from the temporary zip and the version on my android box is installed the usual way from XBMCorg add ons, I don't know if that's where the problem comes from
Mines working fine on android box running openelec.nbc addon 0.0.6
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13