Solved Movie Poster not use language setting
I'm scraping with Italian Language and I've set the scraper to use IMDB with plottitle/tagline from TMDB.

All works good, but the downloaded images are only for the english section of the movie.
For example:
In The Darkest Hour (L'ora Nera in Italian) - http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/71469 I got this image as poster: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/vRfn8...DfpJEn.jpg

but the best one for italian is: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/axH9r...E3dzB3.jpg

I can choose it manually, but it is a neverend work.

Thank you for your collaboration
How did you scrape?
command line?
automatic?
what language settings do you have in settings->movie->scraper->language?
what scraper settings activated?
...?
please send us some logs...

b/c when i start it with EN, i'll get the english pic;
Starting with IT, your posted pic is listed as first one (and IIRC this is the one we take)
(at least, for TMDB this works)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
I've scraped with the GUI (right click -> Search & scrape selected movie).
It opened a window in those I selected the right movie with a plot preview and a poster preview (the one on IMDB)

in settings->movie->scraper->Language I'm using Italian with certification country Italy
and it is activated IMDB and plot/title/tagline from TMDB.

Your test is correct, infact I got the wrong pic with tMM, but I see the right one with web browser set to italian.

This is the log: http://pastebin.com/921iFkGU

Thank you
I also tried to scrape all of Mission: Impossible movies.
Also the "movie set" seems affected of this BUG. I got the poster, title and description of english part in TMDB.
But if I do right click on the movie set and start "search TMDB for movieset metadata", tMM scrape the italian title and poster (I mean that Mission: Impossible collection becomes Mission: Impossible - La quadrilogia and the poster is the italian one and not the english one), but the description remains in english.

I hope it could help

Thank you
I've just reproduced your issue and it is NOT a bug..

tmm decides to take the english one due to your settings:

Artwork Language = Italian
pref. Artwork Size = 1000*1500px

but the italian poster has only 638*918px - and tmm prefers resolution over language; thus the englisch one is taken.

it is not a bug, it is a feature Tongue

hth
Manuel
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Ok, Is it possible to select the merit (1st: Language, 2st resolution, etc)?

Or Language and "the best available" resolution?

But for moviesets, the behavior is different:
When I sraped the Impossible Mission movies, It creates a moviesets with title, poster and description in english. If I rescrape the already create moviesets, It scrape Italian Title and poster, but description remains in english.
I've set scraper language to IT and scraped the Mission Impossible movies and everytime I get all texts in italian..

maybe this was a temporary problem with TMDB? Could you try again?

meanwhile we have a look how we can change the priority for automatic artwork choosing
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
I confirm that now the moviesets scrape is very good. I've removed Mission Impossible from DB and deleted pics + nfo in any folder.

Then I scraped the movies and in moviesets I got title, descriprion and poster in Italian.

I hope you can give me the possibility to change priority

Thank you for help me.
I've changed the priority today; The changes will be in the next version
Thank you very much!

I'll wait for the next version because I have 1000+ movies to scrape
deleted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Poster not use language setting0