Release Autoadd missing episodes
Hi. I read this topic http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113370 and i thought i could do something about that with an addon and here it is. I only tested myself so I need testing and feedback from users.
My addon when launched search for missing episodes (you can choose if you want to add special and not aired episodes or not) and creates a stub file in the addon_data folder and scrape them in the library.
So you'll have all episodes in the library and when you will play a missing file you will get a message error (only if you haven't a dvd/bd in the disc reader, see limits section).
With an option in the settings addon you can choose if the addon adds also specials and not aired effects, if it creates a playlist in the playlist folder to have a list of missing files and if you want to run it automatically after every video library scan.

!!!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!!!
The addon is not stable yet! make a backup of your data before to test it. It should be safe but just in case make a backup!
The addons needs a video source with "special://profile/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/" in the paths to work with thetvb as scraper. If you don't have it create it. Without this source the tool won't start.

Limits:
There's no way to make episodes in the list grey or something like that. 99% the missing episodes are the ones without any logo (no resolution, studio, audio etc etc logo).
If you have a dvd or bd in your drive the error message won't appear and it will play the dvd/bd. This happens because to display the message i use disc stubs. It's the only way i can display a message.

Here's the download:
service.autoadd-0.0.1.zip
Pretty useful, thanks for this...but... (there's always a but, isn't there?)

Is there a way to ignore previously watched episodes?

Big Grin
A bit late to the party, but I can't get it to work. I've put the tvshows folder as described, but it still says I need to add it.
I dig this idea. Skins could make the episode gray in the list (or call them out some other way) by checking the filename much the same way they display source flags, and since disc stubs have been supported in Kodi for a while maybe there's even a skin or mod that does such a thing already.
Hi,
I'm very interested by this addon and I would like to try it. But I don't know how to perform this operation :
(2014-10-24, 18:10)phate89 Wrote: The addons needs a video source with "special://profile/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/" in the paths to work with thetvb as scraper. If you don't have it create it. Without this source the tool won't start.

I found a addon_data/service.autoadd folder in my AppData folder but I'm not even sure if it's there that I need to do something.

Thank you for your help
Question 
Just a quick suggestion, nicoescrime25, but try adding another folder in your "addon_data/service.autoadd" folder called "tvshows" -- the addon may create the folder or it may not; may as well be safe this isn't an issue & just create it yourself. Next, go into Kodi's File Manager (its a Settings submenu item, and on most skins, including my dark-themed Zephyr skin, pressing down while highlighting "Settings" shows the submenu). Within File Manager, select the "Add Source" item, and copy/paste (use your mouse to select "special://profile/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/", and on Windows, Ctrl+C to copy; in Kodi, do not use the Browse button but instead hit enter where it lists "<None>" in the "Add Files Source" dialog, then when the on-screen keyboard pops up, use Ctrl+V to paste it verbatim and avoid any spelling mistakes). This adds the source (so Kodi knows where to look when the addon requests it) as the OP, phate89, warns we ensure gets done, and it is also a valid directory request as you just created it manually first.

Let us know if you make any progress or need more help.
So, did this ever got implemented? I believe it would be very cool and useful.
Thank you Cypher16, thanks to you I suceeded to make it work.

It's not perfect but it's working. It would be great that someone improve it
Is this add-on still being developed?

I just tried it out and it works pretty well. It's definately something I could use myself.

And it should be pretty easy to implement skin support: greying out episodes, adding media flags (missing episode), text etc.
Is this file to be added inside of Kodi on Root A or Root B special://profile/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/
do I need the " qoutes " ? And does this work in Kodi 16.0 ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-05-02, 20:49)Rickt1962 Wrote: Is this file to be added inside of Kodi on Root A or Root B special://profile/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/
do I need the " qoutes " ? And does this work in Kodi 16.0 ?

Here's what worked for me in OpenELEC, since I wasn't able to find the special://profile folder - this is actually a protocol that points to the folder containing the Userdata folder (the actual path is different on every platform)

1. Find the Userdata folder

2. Add a folder named service.autoadd in Userdata/addon_data/ then add a folder named tvshows inside the service.autoadd folder

3. Inside Kodi, add a new video source pointing to Userdata/addon_data/service.autoadd/tvshows/ and set the content to TV Shows

4. Edit the source and change everything before addon_data to special://profile/

Depending on which system you are using Kodi on, the part before Userdata may be different. For example, in OpenELEC it's .storage/Kodi/, in Windows it's %APPDATA%\kodi\

So, I just changed the path of the video source from .storage/Kodi/Userdata/addon_data_service.autoadd/tvshows/ to special://profile/addon_data_service.autoadd/tvshows/

See here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Hope it helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoadd missing episodes0