Win Playback lags only on XBMC
Hi All
I searched the forums and the net but found no relevant answer.
I recently built an HTPC with Win 7 64bit and the newest Gotham.
When I watch movies (720p .mkv) sometimes (every 10-20 minutes) there is a 1 second freeze on the screen. I checked resource monitor immediately after one such a lag and found that processor utilization grew from ca. 5% to ca. 10% and disk read was reduced to 0 kb/s for that second.
This lag never happens in MPC-HC x64, only in XBMC.
Config is:
GIGABYTE GA-Z97N-WIFI, INTEL Core i3-4160 3.60GHz, 2 x KINGSTON 2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11

I tried to play around with the settings, but no luck... the lag is always there every 10-20 minutes
What does your debug log (wiki) show at these times?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your reply. I will follow the steps listed on the linked page and let you know.
Hi! the debug log ID is 328260.
Thanks!
processing ........................... 42
42...the answer for all questions Smile

Huoc...just a few questions...what do you think how many pastbin sites exists? Do you really think anybody is trying to look at any oft those pages if the ID exists and if we found one log, can you really be sure, that we found your log? What about providing the link to that log you've got? Wink
sorry about it. I followed the linked process and used the xbmc log uploader. the log can be found here.
Remove tvtunes and next.aired script, please. They are spamming the mainloop like hell, then retry.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Do you use subtitles? I have similar performance problems with every 1080p,720p .mkv files when using .srt or .sub subtitles. When movie starts or subtitles show after a pause, video lags for a second.

EDIT: And with a pause I mean when in a movie subtitles are not shown for couple of minutes (characters are not talking).

i3-4320T
XBMC 13.2
SSD
(2014-10-27, 09:30)Unlife Wrote: Do you use subtitles?

Thanks for your reply. No, I am not using subtitles.
I will post a new log soon.
Hi All,
please find the new log here.
The two screen-freezes happened at 18:45 and 19:05
Thanks
In order to find out whether the issue is in XBMC or one of the addons, I would disable all addons and use Confluence. If the issue is stil there please try a Helix version (nightly). If not enable addons one by one.
Hi. I have tried going back to the Confluence skin and disabling all add-ons, unfortunately the lag is still there. I will experiment with the beta and nightly release and let you know. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback lags only on XBMC0