Recrodings won't play back
Having just installed mediaportal PVR, (Win 7 back end, Live front end with Mediaportal PVR) everything is working great, even timeshifting. The only thing I can't get to work, is playback of recordings. The shares are all set up fine, but playback either through the PVR or directly through the file browser does nothing. Log file here if it helps identify the issue.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kKahBwQ6

Thanks
Nobody have this issue?
It doesn't appear as if there is any data in the recorded file or at least, XBMC is requesting the data but getting zero bytes back. I think the first thing to check is that the backend is set up correctly and can actually create the recordings. Can you play them back using MediaPortal's fronted ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
And, following what black_eagle said, simply navigate to the recording directory and see what's there. You said that playing through the file browser does nothing, but what does the file look like? How big? What permissions does it have - have you set it up so MediaPortal can record (as one user) but XBMC can't play back (as a different one), for example?

Start with the back end. Check the file is there. Check it's accessible locally. Check it's accessible remotely. Check it's accessible from the client PC (map a share). Basically, work your way from the recording to the player step at a time.
black_eagle, you're correct. While the recording shows as 40minutes in XBMC, the file is 0 size so clearly hasn't recorded. I am only running mediaportal back end, so the recording was made via the XBMC PVR plugin. The folders are shared, and there is an empty .ts and XML file in the folder created by mediaportal so the folder share doesn't appear to be the issue in creating the recording.

Prof Yaffle, "have you set it up so MediaPortal can record (as one user) but XBMC can't play back (as a different one), for example?" I'm not sure what you mean. In the mediaportal back end I have set the recording and timeshift folders, set the naming structure, but there are no user names etc to set. Mediaportal is using MySQL shared with XBMC, using the same xbmc username/password. Like I say, timeshift works so its just recording.

I'll try another recording and see what happens.

Thanks

So I think it was an issue with the timer recording, as recording what I'm watching creates a playable file. I'll set some more timers and see if they work/fail. May be the card is going to sleep and not waking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recrodings won't play back0