Release SiO2-X - Gotham
Hi Guys, loving the SiO@-X skin. But:

- it doesn't seem to work on the AppleTV 2. Is that because it's not fully compatible with Kodi or AppleTV2 ?
- any way to re-label the "Add-Ons" button/tile on Home Page to something else, e.g. Videos

Thanks and keep up the great work with SiO2-X !
Steve
(2014-12-02, 10:54)HappyChapSteve Wrote: Hi Guys, loving the SiO@-X skin. But:

- it doesn't seem to work on the AppleTV 2. Is that because it's not fully compatible with Kodi or AppleTV2 ?
- any way to re-label the "Add-Ons" button/tile on Home Page to something else, e.g. Videos

Thanks and keep up the great work with SiO2-X !
Steve

Are You using the gotham skin in helix? Huh

What errors do you get on the ATV2? 'cause I'm using it on mine and it doesn't seem to give any issue (beside kodi crashes now and then... but that's kodi on ATV Sad )

are you not able to instal at all?
or something else?

Hope to be able to help, give some more details.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Hey Fast, just found out that tv-show banners (in wide-view) are not downloaded when using fx pulsar or xbmctorrent, all the other views are working fine.
I don't know if this has something to with the skin, artwork downloader or pulsar.
(2014-12-04, 18:47)rridder Wrote: Hey Fast, just found out that tv-show banners (in wide-view) are not downloaded when using fx pulsar or xbmctorrent, all the other views are working fine.
I don't know if this has something to with the skin, artwork downloader or pulsar.

That's up to the plugins to decide which artwork to include in the lists.

Banners aren't usually added to those kind of addons, maybe check with the coders / maintainers of the add ons in question.

Maybe I'll make up a fallback for banners not being present (will be text only though).
Image Image
(2014-12-04, 22:49)fastcolors Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 18:47)rridder Wrote: Hey Fast, just found out that tv-show banners (in wide-view) are not downloaded when using fx pulsar or xbmctorrent, all the other views are working fine.

That's up to the plugins to decide which artwork to include in the lists.

Banners aren't usually added to those kind of addons, maybe check with the coders / maintainers of the add ons in question.

Maybe I'll make up a fallback for banners not being present (will be text only though).

Okay thanks for explaining :-).
@rridder no problem! cheers!
Image Image
Fastcolors

is there any way to turn off recommended on the homescreen for tv, i only want it to show recent

Thanks
(2014-12-16, 01:14)sharktech Wrote: Fastcolors

is there any way to turn off recommended on the homescreen for tv, i only want it to show recent

Thanks

go up to recommended then up again until you are on the red arrow. click and it will change to recent

if I understood correctly what you meant Smile
Image Image
Dear developer,
I'm a proud user of SiO2 skin since the first one (if you want I can send you some screenshots of the first SiO2, as you asked to another user hereSmile ), now I'm really enjoying SiO2X which is better in a lot of things. The only problem is that I'm stuck on Gotham, due the presence of some bugs for my HW in the new Helix release...
The skin was almost perfect, but I had to edit it to refine some small issues, one was the File Manager that, in the right part of the window had the text not aligned, another was in the lyrics when playing a song in full screen mode. This 2 things I manage to resolve by myself, but now I don't know how to repair the last one...
When you "ask" for movie or tv serie's infos, you reach the big screen with the fanart of the movie and the actors. I really would like to change the labels with the name of the actors on it... They are written in a grey font on a grey background and it's really difficult to read them... I would prefer to view them the same way of the "old" SiO2.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble for you, could you please send me the .xml file to edit this thing? It would be very appreciated 'cause, fixed this, the skin is really PERFECT!

Sorry if I dared to disturb you and sorry if my english could sound a little bit wrong sometimes... It's not my natural language.

Thank you very much and congratulations for this amazing skin: it's the best!
(2015-01-06, 14:03)fedux Wrote: Dear developer,
I'm a proud user of SiO2 skin since the first one (if you want I can send you some screenshots of the first SiO2, as you asked to another user hereSmile ), now I'm really enjoying SiO2X which is better in a lot of things. The only problem is that I'm stuck on Gotham, due the presence of some bugs for my HW in the new Helix release...
The skin was almost perfect, but I had to edit it to refine some small issues, one was the File Manager that, in the right part of the window had the text not aligned, another was in the lyrics when playing a song in full screen mode. This 2 things I manage to resolve by myself, but now I don't know how to repair the last one...
When you "ask" for movie or tv serie's infos, you reach the big screen with the fanart of the movie and the actors. I really would like to change the labels with the name of the actors on it... They are written in a grey font on a grey background and it's really difficult to read them... I would prefer to view them the same way of the "old" SiO2.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble for you, could you please send me the .xml file to edit this thing? It would be very appreciated 'cause, fixed this, the skin is really PERFECT!

Sorry if I dared to disturb you and sorry if my english could sound a little bit wrong sometimes... It's not my natural language.

Thank you very much and congratulations for this amazing skin: it's the best!

Thank you for your kind words,

here's the file I modified for you:
https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2x...eoInfo.xml

just grab it.

PS if you want You can send me the fixes for file manager and other. I have no Gotham installed anymore on my machines, so it's hard to check the changes, but I wouldn't mind update the gotham branch so that it's fully functional.

Cheers!

edit : the issue with gotham branch, was that most changes were just pulled from helix, and of course they caused breakage Sad

edit2: please if you have screens of the evolution of the skin PM them to me. It's always nice to travel back. Smile
Image Image
Thank you so much!!!!
Everything just perfect now!

I'm going to PM you the changed .xml files as you asked me and, of course, the pictures of the "old" SiO2.
Hi I've installed the skin and all the necessary add-ons, but I'm unable to get Movies and TV Shows to be visible on the home screen. These first 2 icons are always hidden even though I've set them to "on" on the home screen customiser. I'm on Kodi 14 on OS X Yosemite.
You're running Helix, which is known to have some issues on Mac. This thread is about Gotham. I suggest you to downgrade to Gotham and wait 'till it's safe to upgrade.
(2015-01-12, 08:39)fedux Wrote: You're running Helix, which is known to have some issues on Mac. This thread is about Gotham. I suggest you to downgrade to Gotham and wait 'till it's safe to upgrade.

Hi, I've switched to Gotham v.13.2 but with the exact same results.
(2015-01-12, 11:18)vipersonic Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 08:39)fedux Wrote: You're running Helix, which is known to have some issues on Mac. This thread is about Gotham. I suggest you to downgrade to Gotham and wait 'till it's safe to upgrade.

Hi, I've switched to Gotham v.13.2 but with the exact same results.

Have you added media to the video library? It's normal behavior for them to stay hidden until a video library has been built.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Gotham1