Android Enable/Disable Addons (PVR)
Hi Guys

Currently I configure and pack/unpack my own custom XBMC versions with certain addons and media files.

The file is then packed, and signed into an installable APK.

What I am having problems with is the Enabled or Disabled status of certain addons. All of the custom addons I include are "enabled" by default, but the PVR addons that come included within XBMC are setup as "disabled" by default and have to be "enabled" manually once XBMC is launched for the first time.

Is there a flag or setting I can change, so that the PVR (in this case PVR IPTV Simple Client) is already enabled right from the first instance (so that the user does not have to navigate menus and enable the addon manually).

Cheers

Gunshot
Just a quick update (still playing around with this).

I can see a list of "disabled" addons in the Addons16.db database. Is there anyway that I can tag an addon as "enabled" in the database the first time xbmc is installed or runs?

Is there anyway of modifying this database when it is created using a script of some kind?
I don't think this is normally (or at least, not easily) configurable. I think PVR add-ons have some special treatment for all PVR add-ons, where they will be set as disabled by default. All other add-ons that are included system-wide should be enabled by default. However, I could be wrong.
Hi Ned, I think you are right, by default (upon startup) all PVR addons are set to disabled.

The user will then manually "enable" the PVR of their choice, and then this will PVR will then be enabled.

In the addons16.db you can see that upon startup all of the PVR are set to disabled as you rightfully say.

Do you know If there anyway a simple python script can be run that can access the database files and modify the "disabled" setting/flag?
Off hand, I'm not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable/Disable Addons (PVR)0