Win Upgrade assistance
Hi All

I've been running XBMC 10.0 for years now. Partly because a skin(Night) we liked was never upgraded and partly due to the effort involved with making it work. Well I've decided to take the leap and upgrade to 13 as a result of many of the 10 features no longer working nor being supported. But we have a BIG BIG problem; none of our library was carried over nor were a lot of the systems settings despite backing up not only the userdata folder in the user appdata directory but also the default userdata folder in the application folder root.

Background:
The following is what I did before upgrading.
1. Copied %appdata%Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder to backup location
2. Copied C:\Program Files\XBMC\Userdata folder to backup location
3. Change advancedsettings.xml in backup location for C:\Program Files\XBMC\Userdata to include the watch list import flags as indicated in the wiki
4. Exported library via in XBCM library settings as multiple files. (Unsure of where this was stored)
5. Changed the name of the C:\program files\XBMC to C:\Program Files\XBMC.old
6. Changed the name of the %appdata%Roaming\XBMC to %appdata%Roaming\XBMC.old
7. Installed new version of XBMC (13.2 “Gotham”) to default location (C:\program files\XBMC)
8. Launched program, took a quick look
9. Copied backed up userdata folders (both) to original locations overwriting the new version of those folders.
10. launched XBMC and found(Cirrus extended) "Updated/renamed?" version of a skin we used in 10 that we liked, made some settings changes
11. Went back to home menu and nothing there, no pictures, videos, movies, tv.... nothing... Sources not there
12. Closed XBMC in frustration and defeat after attempting and failing to reload the library or to find where exactly to do this.
13. Renamed C:\program files\XBMC to C:\program files\XBMC.new and C:\program files\XBMC.old to C:\program files\XBMC
14. Renamed %appdata%Roaming\XBMC to %appdata%Roaming\XBMC.new and %appdata%Roaming\XBMC.old to %appdata%Roaming\XBMC
15. Reloaded xbmc and confirmed all settings and appearance on version 10 and library is intact.

I'm just looking for a way to import the old library and watched listing into the new version of the software. HELP!!!!! We have a massive library and I'd hate to have to reload and relist everything again... it took us years to build it to this point as is with many personal videos added that do not have internet listings.

Thanks all in advance.
Chris
Make a copy of %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata

Leave the other userdata folder alone.

install 13.2

If that doesn't work, restore the userdata folder with the copy you made and then try upgrading to v11, see if that works, then try upgrading to v12, etc. Sometimes not everything is checked to see if it works across a multi-version upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade assistance0