Can "Recently Added" be made selectiive?
Sorry, I wasn't really sure how to phrase that, or how to search for it.

I have quite a few shows in my library and I don't always get to watch TV so the recently added episodes can pile up. I was wondering if I could have XBMC ignore certain shows for recently added episodes so that only me "favorite" shows are shown there. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Another thought would be a feature request for the future: give users the option to have recently added episodes grouped by show, so missing multiple episodes of a show would only count as one entry in recently added.
Hope that makes sense.
plex shows recently added shows by season, which i think is great way to do it
Never really used Plex. Will that allow me to "import" recently added into the main menu in XBMC? Just trying to lighten the load. If I sit down once a week there are more new episodes than I can see. Just don't want to miss stuff, It gets surprisingly more difficult when you have a lot of shows.
some skins show widgets that give you the first unwatched episode of your latest watched tvshows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-10-26, 16:57)dkplayaclub Wrote: Never really used Plex. Will that allow me to "import" recently added into the main menu in XBMC? Just trying to lighten the load. If I sit down once a week there are more new episodes than I can see. Just don't want to miss stuff, It gets surprisingly more difficult when you have a lot of shows.

I'm not suggesting you use Plex, I think XBMC is far superior for locally consuming content. I just like the way recently added episodes are shown as it shows the season poster and not the individual episodes.

there is also a lazy tv add-on that might help, haven't used it in a bit though
So the short answer is no?
(2014-10-27, 17:51)dkplayaclub Wrote: So the short answer is no?

No.

(2014-10-26, 17:00)Martijn Wrote: some skins show widgets that give you the first unwatched episode of your latest watched tvshows
Well, what skins specifically offer this kind of thing? At least I would like to have a look, or maybe see if it can be incorporated into the skin I am using now somehow (Eminence). Seems like it should be possible, I just don't know what angle to even start attacking the problem from.
Conq for starters. Wink
It would be nice that you could further sort the recently added content by title/year and whatever but as is these fields are greyed out maybe because the only conditions are dateadded but makes sense to at least sort them inside that list in any other order for some use cases.
I think Plex has it right, show simply the season poster of the show and in the upper right corner put the count for unwatched episodes. so, if you suddenly acquire all 6 seasons of Lost, you do not have 100+ episodes showing but 6 season posters with the count in the upper right corner of each graphic..
"Cough"

Smart Playlist
I could create a playlist of the "favorite" shows, but how could I get XBMC to track recent episodes from that list? I think begging the skinner might be the best route.
Use the rule for date added and play count?
That's the one thing I've never got to work using a playlist - latest, unwatched episode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can "Recently Added" be made selectiive?0