Can "Recently Added" be made selectiive?
The Lazy TV addon may also be relevant to this discussion, not a "favourites" exactly, but as I understand it, the addon will show the next available (in your database) episode of each show, even if subsequent episodes are available.

One thing I find frustrating is ripping a DVD/Bluray set and then finding my "Recently Added" is swamped by 20 episodes of that show, and not much else. Lazy TV sorts that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr, I have taken to setting my system clock back, ripping the disk to the HD and then setting the clock back. This prevents the entire show from clogging up recently added.
Rather just use a timestamp utility and be done.
I've been trying to work with playlists, but I can't seem to get just what I want, Maybe someone knows what I'm missing. I created a playlist of type "TV Shows". Rule 1 is "Title is" and then I browsed library and added all the shows I wanted. Rule 2 is "Playcount less than 1".
I am completely caught up on some of the shows, so they don't show up in the playlist, but for shows I have watched all but 1 or 2 episodes, all seasons and episodes show up. I would like the playlist to be made up of only the unwatched episodes, but I can't get that to happen.

Edit - I know I can "hide watched" while on the playlist, but for ease of use, I would imagine I can get this working.
Have you tried LazyTV?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I did, but the main issue I have with it is that is requires an extra service to run. I would rather get the playlist working. Also, it's just one more thing that I have to teach my less than tech savvy relatives about.
While I'm at it, I'd also like to know if there is a way to make a playlist of shows that are either "New series" or "Returning Series". The info doesn't seem to export to my .nfo files and setting a rule with "status" won't find anything.
None of that info is available in current xbmc or scrapers like tvdb for season ending/returning etc.

notspiff has done partial support via nfo in his tree see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1777765 however someone will need to backport that to master given it will probably require some code updating to get it in the backporter should have c++ knowledge which I dont. I usually backport notspiffs stuff but the more complex stuff is a waste of time when developers want the code changed and I cant do it anyway.
(2014-10-30, 05:05)dkplayaclub Wrote: I did, but the main issue I have with it is that is requires an extra service to run. I would rather get the playlist working. Also, it's just one more thing that I have to teach my less than tech savvy relatives about.

LazyTV can produce a smartplaylist of the next-to-watch episodes, and you can combine that with other playlist conditions. Just add a condition to other smart playlists that the episode must be on the LazyTV playlist.

It is also pretty much set-and-forget for basic usage; like the playlist. It doesnt take up much system resources, and merely updates in the background when needed. Simply go into the settings, select the Playlist option, and thats it. Forever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can "Recently Added" be made selectiive?0