remote apps work on iPhone, not on iPad
Hey there!

can anybody help me to get the remote apps (see below) to work on my ipad (retina)? I have been able to use xbmc remote on my ipad before, but somehow in the testing/ installing and solving network problems phase, it just stopped working.

Strange enough they work on my iphone (4) as we speak... while iPhone and iPad are on the same wireless network (= airport extreme).

I have installed these two apps on both devices:
- xbmc remote
- sybu xbmc

I'm very curious what can solve this. Thanks in advance!

XBMC is running 4.2.1
Try rebooting the router. I've had an issue on an airport router where wifi devices on 2.4 ghz were on a different subnet than devices on 5 ghz, and that would cause such an issue. It's a guess, but might as well try.
Thanks for the info Ned. Reboot didn't do the trick (unless you meant a fresh reinstall which i didn't do).
Maybe this is relevant to know:

setup:
- modem/router ZTE - H368N (with limited options) in the hallway.
- aswitch (Gb) is wired to the modem/router.
- my airport extreme (bridge mode) is connected to the switch.

therefore I have two networks:
- A2: Airport Extreme - fixed IP (wireless) - bridge mode - 100Mb/s
- A3: H368N Router (wireless) - DHCP - 1000Mb
I wish I could have one, but I need many UTP connections. Could buy another switch but why spend money if not necessary?

- the Apple tv is connected to the switch
- XBMC (Rpi) is connected to the switch

results:
- remote apps work on iphone only when connected to A2
- remote apps do not work on ipad at all (A2/A3)

- iphone and ipad do show my Apple TV in airplay when connected to A2 (router).
- iphone and ipad do not show my Apple TV in airplay nor my Rpi when connected to A3 (router).
- iphone does show Rpi when connected to A2, but today that's all there is to it. It doesn't really connect, though it did yesterday!

I don't understand why Apple TV/Rpi isn't shown on ipad/iphone when connected to A3 (router). And I don't understand why I can't connect to the Rpi, besides why ipad doesn't see him.

Is it a problem that I have these two networks running? Are they interfering with each other? My knowledge about networks has some gaps... Surely something strange is going on..

Hope this helps, thnx a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote apps work on iPhone, not on iPad0