Inphic I10S Android TV box
Recently got a new Inphic i10s TV box running and am trying to get XBMC running.

I tried 13.1, SemperMC, 14.0a4 and 14.0 latest nightly. All behave similarly.

If I have HW acceleration on, libstagefright on and mediacodec on:
-> it will use mediacodec, video will play for ~10s then video will freeze and audio will continue. After ~3s the video will skip ahead but still be out of sync, then freeze again, repeat

If I have HW acceleration on, libstagefright on and mediacodec off:
-> it will use stagefright, video will play for ~10s then video will freeze and audio will conitnue. After ~10s, audio will also freeze and neither video or audio ever resumes (waited ~3 min).

If I have HW acceleration on, libstagefright off and mediacodec off:
-> it will play ok but stutter a bit (e.g. framerate drops to 18 sometimes) but is otherwise watchable.

I couldn't figure out how to attach a file... so log is here:
http://pastebin.com/shtE7k3E

In the log, I tried to play a file with mediacodec, then stagefright, then mediacodec w/ fastfwding to see if it would re-synch, then with mediacodec & stagefright off. Let me know if u prefer me to try tests standalone and upload separate log files.

Using external MX player plays super smooth and is my current workaround. However, I would love to be able to use the built-in player since it will work for files on my network whereas MX player needs the file to be on USB. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
Forgot to mention the box has 4cpu a31s and allwinner gpu
I'm not sure, and this is really just a guess from a guy who only has a basic understanding of these things, but it sounds like there are bugs with the Allwinner firmware that are preventing proper playback when XBMC/Kodi uses the normal Android hardware decoding APIs. A few people were able to get A30/31s working a while back, but most people have reported having playback issues.

As for why something else like MX Player doesn't have any issues, I do not know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inphic I10S Android TV box0