Solved Solution to 'Internet Connection' + Scrapper Problem
Hi everyone,

Am a new user to the forum and also to RPi and XBMC, but hope to share a solution to a problem I had recently with my system.

I recently had a problem retrieving Movie Information for movie files I included in my hardisk. There was no problem before, and it seemed to appear suddenly. The problem appear rather suddenly and after searching the forum and googling, there were no clear answer to what had happened.

After a few trials and error, I found only 1 solution that worked. I thought I share with you the solution. My setup is RPi + wifi dongle + OpenElec + XBMC.

As it turned out, the problem had something to do with the 'internet connection'. There was nothing wrong with the main router, wifi etc. Everything seemed ok, and that's the baffling bit.

The solution that worked that I found, is to re-install OpenElec completely. So, for RPi, this means re-installing the OpenElec from pressing Shift during boot up.

And this also means, all the files on the hardisk needs to be 'scanned' again. Fresh from the start.

And when all that is done, the files that weren't able to be 'scrapped' before,will be scrapped without a problem. (is there such a thing as "scrapped" ? Smile )

Am not sure why, but for those who has the same problem, try this. It took me 3 days to work out the solution, so I hope you don't have to spend 3 days too Smile

(To the admin, if someone else has brought this solution to the forum attention, please feel free to delete this message. Thank you!)

Thanks for the chance to share ! All the best!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solution to 'Internet Connection' + Scrapper Problem0