Win FireTV Remote with Intel NUC
Hi,
i just bought a Intel NUC i3 and i`m not able to use the FireTV remote with my xbmc.
I installed Windows prof 64bit and i can conntect the remote in the bluetooth settings, but i can´t control anything with it. Nothing happens when i push the buttons.
The remote is working fine under OpenELEC!!
Do i need a configuration tool or somethin like this in windows?
The Fire TV remote should be seen as a bluetooth keyboard and not require any special settings or configuration for the most part. If you pair it to your Windows NUC, are you able to see any input at all? The directional keys should work in other apps just like the arrow keys on a keyboard.
pairing is working. But nothing else. No input at all....
In that case it sounds like an issue on the OS level. XBMC simply sees whatever keyboard you have attached, but it's up to Windows to handle the basic connection.
Why would you want to do that though? Will the voice part work on Windows with Kodi?

Also I like it but lack of volume control on the remote is a big bummer.
i have still the same problem pls help
Having troubles here.

I've connected a few times and received different results. Two of the three, the keys did nothing (as tested by a KeyboardTest app). The other time, the arrows and middle select at least did something.

Looking through the device manager, the "Bluetooth class of device" appears to show it only has a headset. Audio and Telephony. In this case, it doesn't think it's a keyboard.

I've had similar with connecting a phone to my car. Sometimes is picks it up as audio playback device and other times just a phone.

Like there is a problem with the capability negotiations.

I wonder if this makes sense to anyone? I'll keep trying and looking for an answer. IF I can get it to connect as a keyboard, I'll probably have success. I just need to figure out how to do so once and then consistently Big Grin
I don't know why, but the FireTV remote (I have the simple one without microphone) doesn't work with Windows. It works perfectly with Linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Remote with Intel NUC0