Android Fire TV 5.1 audio problem
Hi Guys,
My setup is a Fire TV latest unrooted firmware connected by Optical Cable to Sony Home Theatre System DAVS-Z260.
I have tried every audio setting combination there is to get DD5.1 working with Gotham latest build (even tried other builds) as soon as I enable passthrough in audio settings I get a loud "white noise issue"
No trouble at all with just normal 2 channel audio its just the 5.1 and DTS not working.
I have even returned the Fire TV and tried another box but same problem.
Netflix on the Fire TV works great with 5.1 DD just XBMC wont play ball

TIA

DracUK
IIRC, when using passthrough you can keep the channel number to "2", as that is all that is technically used. When talking about passthrough the number of channels isn't the number of speakers, but the number of signal channels (or whatever it's called). It's confusing, I know.
(2014-10-27, 11:50)Ned Scott Wrote: IIRC, when using passthrough you can keep the channel number to "2", as that is all that is technically used. When talking about passthrough the number of channels isn't the number of speakers, but the number of signal channels (or whatever it's called). It's confusing, I know.

Hi Ned,thanks for replying but unfortunately I have tried that and same problem.As soon as passthrough is enabled I get the DD light flickering on DAVS-Z260 but loads of white noise (its deafening)
I have used XBMC before with other devices and the same HT system and no problems whatsoever.This FireTV is another story though
cheers
Have you tried SPMC (wiki)? It has some additional fixes in it for some situations.
(2014-10-27, 12:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Have you tried SPMC (wiki)? It has some additional fixes in it for some situations.

I will give it a try,thanks

DracUK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV 5.1 audio problem0