Connecting XBMC to my Sony Bravia
I've had lots of success connecting my PC and a Sony Bravia with programmes other than XBMC but for some reason I can't manage it with this prog.

I'm a complete newbie on this prog but I'm using Windows 8 on a powerful machine connected by cable to a wireless hub. I'm using version 13 of XBMC.

My Sony is connected to my BT home hub using a wireless connection and if I go to Network Diagnostics on the TV I can see XBMC but get the message 'compatible files could not be found'.

Videos on my PC seem to run fine when I play them through the xbmc media player but I can't seem to get them on my TV.

Can anyone help?
You can connect your PC with a HDMI cable to the TV. Then you can watch the movies on TV.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks for that. I did realise that I can hook up with a cable but it the past with other media servers I've been able to do it wirelessly. I'm hoping to do the same with this media server. I just can't work out how!
Well, XBMC/Kodi is more of a media player that connects directly to the TV/display. It does have server functionality, but that's more of a secondary feature and won't include everything that XBMC/Kodi can do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting XBMC to my Sony Bravia0