• 98(current)
v21 fTV
Github version is 0.5.0.

Github
(2015-08-04, 21:26)Hitcher Wrote: Github version is 0.5.0.

Github

My bad Confused I installed the latest version and all is fine now. Thanks!
Great skin, keep up the good work! One thing I was wondering is that when you click on Movies, the movies are all lined up in a horizontal row. Can this view be changed like in other skins so plot synopsis can be shown the side or just a different layout so you don't have to scroll through the movies one by one (without using search)? Thanks!
(2015-07-20, 21:32)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 19:51)iRubin Wrote: Hey Hitcher,

thank you for this great skin. Is it possible to show all addons in the Apps shortcut and not only the Program-Addons?
Your Favorites-Tactic doesn't help for this...

Thank you for your help!!!

Works for me adding to favourites first.

I want to make an Apps homescreen section like yours with multiple widgets but I can't. How do I add those sections (Video Add-ons, Program Add-ons, Picture Add-ons etc) to my Favourites first to allow me to add them as widgets? I can't bring up the context menu on folders in the Add-on browser. Thanks.

I am using;

- Kodi 15.0
- fTV 1.2.4
- script.toolbox 1.1.0.
- script.skinshortcuts 0.5.0.

UPDATE - I worked out how to do this. My mistake was to try and add the items as favorites in the settings part of Kodi. Instead I did it by accessing each main add-ons section. Here I was able to bring up the context menu and add each add-ons folder to my favourites.
Is there a way to set the sort order of widget items and the items in the section the widgets are from to match?

If for instance, I add Video Add-ons as a widget to my homescreen, the items are in a different order from the items that are shown when I click on the widget. This is confusing. It doesn't happen on Movies and TV Show widgets. Thanks.
(2015-08-05, 16:27)robflate Wrote: Is there a way to set the sort order of widget items and the items in the section the widgets are from to match?

If for instance, I add Video Add-ons as a widget to my homescreen, the items are in a different order from the items that are shown when I click on the widget. This is confusing. It doesn't happen on Movies and TV Show widgets. Thanks.
Hitcher addressed this a few times already, short answer: not yet
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2065688
(2015-07-21, 15:56)holydhaliwal Wrote: Hello, loving the skin so far. Especially with the new custom widgets addition.

I'm wondering if it would be possible in some future version to add a sort of "Kiosk" mode to the skin, in which making view changes, updating artwork, etc would be disable. I took some screenshots to demonstrate. Obviously what I mean by this is that the buttons crossed off would be removed entirely, and only visible if Kiosk mode is disabled. This would be to prevent users from accidently making changes or ending up in a confusing situation if they are not Kodi savvy. Thanks for the great work!

Please do this hitcher xD
Loving this skin, thank you very much for all your hard work Hitcher. Coming from Plex, I am very used to having an "On Deck" section on my home screen for my TV shows. "In Progress TV Shows" handles this very nicely in your skin but I was wondering if there was a way to accomplish the following. In Plex, when you look at the On Deck section, it shows an episode poster just like your skin but under that poster is text showing the specific episode name and number (see the attached). I know that Aeon Nox 5: Silvo can show the upcoming episode in a box on the the home screen so I was wondering if that is something you can add to yours?

No, as it's not part of the Fire TV design.
Not a problem. Just thought that info right on the home screen made things easier.

I did just notice a bug in the TV section though. Original air dates are messed up. TVDB format is YEAR-MONTH-DAY. Your skin seems to be swapping up the MONTH and DAY.

Some examples:

TVDB Air date = November 4 2015. Yours displays April 11 2015
TVDB Air date = November 26 2015. Yours displays 11 2015 (ignores the "26" as it thinks there is no 26th month?)
I might have missed this skimming through these forums, but is there a way to have the shows that show up in the wigets (i.e. TV ShowsL Comedy TV Shows) follow the display settings of that view?

Currently, I'm finding that when I look at the shows populated by the widgets, it doesn't have any regard to watch status. This creates a slightly weird experience for the user when the actually go to watch something, if the display is set so that only unwatched videos are shown.

Example: I scroll to TV shows, go over to the widget section for Comedy TV Shows and the first thing that is displayed is "The Big Bang Theory". I then arrow to the right, to select a show and list that shows up is no longer the same as the one before. "The Big Bang Theory" no longer shows up on my list. The reason it no longer shows up is because currently every episode of that show is marked as watched in my library (so it's working correctly).

Something that would be really nice is if the widgets could be set to filter based on the library setting of "Unwatched"/"All Videos".

Anyway, love the skin, looking forward to seeing how it develops further.

Thanks for all the hard work.
It's following the rules of the smart playlist. Simply make your own, add a rule to hide watched shows and use that for the home screen.
sounds great, thanks Hitcher. I'll have to play with it some more tonight.

Oh, after I posted last night, I noticed that the version linked on the first page of this thread is version 1.0 (which was the one I was using), but the GitHub version is 1.2.4. Looks like a few things are different between the versions, especially with the widgets (1.0 had pre-built widgets, 1.2.4 requires them to be populated).

anyway, when you get some free time, it might be advantageous to update the first post on this thread. Just a thought.

Anyway, as always thanks for all the hard work
Anyone else seeing weird behavior when using this skin where the video freezes, then fast forwards about 5 seconds then continues playing normally? It seems to happen once or twice per 30 minute TV episode. watching the info readout, CPU usage seems to jump to about 60-70 percent when this happens. Strange thing is, if I switch to a different skin (Aeon Nox for example), it doesn't seem to happen judging from watching another admittantly short 2 thirty minute TV episodes.
I ran into a similar issue when watching live TV (DVB-S2 Satellite)... Ever 30 secs the screen froze for a second (didn't happen with confluence etc.).
Since I was already modding the skin I looked into VideoFullScreen.xml (that's the template that always loaded when watching any kind of video).
There's a lot of stuff in there thats also in some other other templates (DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, VideoOSD.xml, DialogSeekBar.xml).

You can try to rename the VideoFullScreen.xml and see if you still have issues. The only thing you'll miss is the indicator for fast ffwd/rwd. I moved that part from VideoFullScreen.xml to DialogSeekBar.xml and everything ist fine... :-)

hope this helps
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42