Apple tv2 crashes.
Hey I'm good at jail breaking phones buts it's all new to me with the tv. I see people posting logs I have no idea where to access this.

I get random crashes on my atv 2 busy mostly when I play hd content. Any help would be great. I'm running untethered Gotham thanks.
Seems to be a common problem unfortunately. Mine was working almost flawlessly in Eden - upgraded to gotham and won't play 720p without crashing.
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

Can I revert back. I'll delete all files I know of.
should i go back to frodo? is fire tv worth getting and selling apple tv on? what to do?

just want a stable system
how to i install frodo? i can't find a guide for an old version
Selling the ATV2 and getting a Fire TV is probably very worth it. People are under the mistaken impression that the ATV2 is still very valuable, so they sell for high prices even used.

Our iOS (wiki) install guides will walk you though installing an older version.
Will the fire tv preform better?and with same features and quality as Apple TV ?

Just don't wanna make the mistake of swapping.
It will preform better and have better quality and more features, except those that are apple-expclusive, of course. XBMC/Kodi-wise, Fire TV will do better.
Ok I'll buy a fire and see how I get on with it. Just tried kodi on th Apple TV won't let me install it.
So is there no fix for this problem? Mine crashes constantly, making it impossible to watch anything... Undecided
Ohh yeah there is a fix. I just didn't get payed enough to publish it. So i keep it for myself just because i am really really evil. Because it really amazes me when people are posting those crash issues since 8 month or so.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's just Apple TV can't handle it. Try frodo it was much better for me.

Just picked up and fire TV £55 arriving tomorrow so ill see how it is
Got my fire tv running xbmc is super quick and much nicer system to use.
Sold my apple to for £150 so made £100 getting the fire. Id recommend it to everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv2 crashes.0