ATV2 playback issues
Please help, I am just not understanding this tread this thread.

I have wmc server on my windows7 box upstairs in computer room Connected to OTA antenna. Works great on that box with XBMC :-) and even with native windows media center.

but on my atv2 downstairs in the living room, the playback stutters and rebuffs constantly and is un watchable. This is the case with wireless connection or wired connection.

As I have searched the web, and read through this forum I don't see much in the way that others have had this issue (which is a good sign) so it must be just me ;-)

Can anyone Please help, Im usually pretty good at figuring I am throwing in the towel and reaching out to a "Higher Power"
(2014-10-28, 19:58)Sadak Wrote: Please help, I am just not understanding this tread this thread.

I have wmc server on my windows7 box upstairs in computer room Connected to OTA antenna. Works great on that box with XBMC :-) and even with native windows media center.

but on my atv2 downstairs in the living room, the playback stutters and rebuffs constantly and is un watchable. This is the case with wireless connection or wired connection.

As I have searched the web, and read through this forum I don't see much in the way that others have had this issue (which is a good sign) so it must be just me ;-)

Can anyone Please help, Im usually pretty good at figuring I am throwing in the towel and reaching out to a "Higher Power"

Ive split this post into it's own thread as it's not really related to the topic from January that you posted on.

I am not familiar with the Apple TV2 however I believe (correct me if im wrong) it may not be that powerful? Can it definitely play MPEG2 content in the WTV files OK? If it doesn't have hardware acceleration it probably isn't going to be too happy. Try playing back a recorded WTV file directly (ie through the Videos -> Files -> Add Source) and see if that plays OK. It may not be anything to do with ServerWMC and live TV as much as it's the device not able to play the content...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I have been unsuccessful getting SMB to work on this device in the past so consequently I run all stored my videos through Plexbmc plugin to the atv2. But thanks for the advice, This got me to thinking along a different line... The ATV2 is Limited to 720p, and 24fps. My OTA signals is being captured at full HD with no SD alternate transmission available, so in order for this to work I might have to transcode the "live" stream prior to passing it to the ATV2... live TV might just be to high a bitrate for the ATV2 to handle.

all the plugins I use operate well, like US_ _NOW ... but am on the free version so I am already getting the "SD" quality stream. Come to think of it, most of the other content we watch on the ATV2 we choose "SD" stream's from the "unmentionable" plugins because they load faster.

Please someone Tell me my assumptions are incorrect, I would really like this to get this work... Live TV with EPG is the only thing missing at this point for the living room.
Really like the small footprint left in the Living room, do not want to put a PC down there, or reinvest in low profile nuc / pie / or another remote,,,, Confused
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...66kIOycwtM

Found this in another thread, exactly the same issue...

I still have yet to find someone with a solution though :-) (or confirmation that it cant be done)

Thanks in advance to all, and thank you Scarecrow420 for your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 playback issues0