Win Kodi can´t browse NFS!
Hello!

I know Kodi is in Alpha and all, but I wanted just to see if the NFS is working and all, and no, it is not working at all:

Code:
15:18:29 T:5524   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
15:18:29 T:5524   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed
15:18:29 T:5524   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
15:18:31 T:5524   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
15:18:31 T:5524   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
15:18:34 T:5524   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
15:18:34 T:5524   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

The whole log can be found here: Pastebin!
try adding the source manually like nfs://ip/exportpath ... i can ensure you that nfs works when having a correctly configured nfs server and a working network. (so its not a general problem like you claimed...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz - I am going to give a good go with nfs/kodi on the weekend - you know how much fun we had last time around Wink

I'll let you know if anything pops up but I tried kodi/win/nfs a couple months ago without issues IIRC.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2014-10-29, 21:45)Memphiz Wrote: try adding the source manually like nfs://ip/exportpath ... i can ensure you that nfs works when having a correctly configured nfs server and a working network. (so its not a general problem like you claimed...)

Gotham has no problem browsing the network, so you can keep the last part for your self mate! Rofl
Can you show us your exports? mostly stored on /etc/exports on your NAS (depending which NAS ort NFS server you are using).

And...maybe I'm wrong...but:

Quote:Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enable it before pasting the logfile.
(2014-10-30, 07:25)Kirill Wrote: Gotham has no problem browsing the network, so you can keep the last part for your self mate! Rofl

Kodi Alpha5 built from source has no problem browsing or adding my nfs shares under Linux here.

Perhaps its a problem with your Windows build, or your nfs shares ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Just tried latest windows nightly. I can browse NFS shares fine, and play from them.

One thing, though - it seems a LOT slower to clean the library in particular. Updating seems slower too, but with clean library I am not getting a pop up window anymore, and my machine freezes during the process. With Gotham the same thing takes 20 or so seconds, but with Helix we're looking at a couple minutes with no visual feedback.

@Memphiz - Is that expected??
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Leave me out this time please ... i didn't change anything in the nfs implementation since the last debacle.

Only generic changes went into it from other devs - see:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...FSFile.cpp
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ha! Fair enough! Created a separate thread. Slower is one thing, zero visual feedback and freezing is not cool, though!
I recently upgraded from XBMC and am seeing the exact same behavior as described here. I can no longer browse for an NFS on my server with Kodi, but from a Gotham install I can.

If I manually path the export it works perfectly, so not a deal breaker.
Sorry, this is a bit OT because not Windows, but….

I have a similar problem: I have two installations of Raspbmc, both running Kodi.

One can browse NFS shares, the other cannot. The NFS shares are hosted on a Mac. This has been working fine for several years. The instance that CAN browse NFS shares is installed on an original Raspberry Pi. The instance that CANNOT browse NFS shares is installed on a new model B+. The B+ could browse NFS shares when it was running XBMC 13.2.

As majors! said, manually pathing the export works fine, but...

Very weird.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can´t browse NFS!0