• 3(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
I'll put this skin on my watch list as I'm a heavy PVR user as well and haven't found a skin yet that covers 100% of my needs PVR wise.
For the EPG have you considered fast switching between channel groups?
Most skins for Mediaportal have this an love it as I like switching channels in the EPG screen by just the arrow + enter buttons.
This looks like a cool idea. Good stuff.
(2015-02-13, 03:28)Woppie Wrote: I'll put this skin on my watch list as I'm a heavy PVR user as well and haven't found a skin yet that covers 100% of my needs PVR wise.
For the EPG have you considered fast switching between channel groups?
Most skins for Mediaportal have this an love it as I like switching channels in the EPG screen by just the arrow + enter buttons.

What do you mean by fast switching ? Right now, even if I understood Kodi integrated this as a new feature, I didn't really tried this since there's no channel grouping in my country. However I can use the PVR demo add-on to give this a try.

I use the TV remote with pulse eight adapter. Is the arrow + enter a keyboard combination ? I know it's possible to change some keymapping in kodi but haven't yet got deeper in this fort now.

Don't stick too much to the preview. I recoded almost everything and actual design has really (really) evolved (like my coding abilities).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Let me clear up a few things Smile

Fast switching is a term I made up but let me explain what I mean by it.
If you got the EPG screen like most skins in MediaPortal you can go up and down through the channels, but here's where a lot of skins differ on kodi vs MediaPortal. For Kodi once you get to the last channel (or the first) it goes back to the first (or to the last from first) and all skins seem to use this. However I prefer a slightly different kind of navigation what most skins for MediaPortal uses: it goes to another part/tile where you can cycle through the channel groups and you can switch through channel groups and see the EPG for that channel group Smile. Even while I have nearly 200 tv channels this is way faster than calling the option menu on the right or left and change there. Hopefully it's clear what I mean or else I'll try to find some good examples on youtube.

For navigation I too use the tv remote + cec adapter from pulse eight and love it Smile. So I actually ment the navigation arrow pad on my tv remote and the center 'ok' or enter button. As I don't really like this remote I'm looking into another one and having it work through flirc; flirc + cec could be an amazing setup I reckon if done right.

I know better than to stick to the preview but I really love a PVR oriented skin, so far there's none and I'm really picky if it comes to skins. Just recently I changed my main HTPC from MediaPortal to Kodi (with still the MediaPortal TV server) and it's still just so-so. Eventually I want to replace windows with OpenElec but haven't really gotten Blu-Ray playback working yet.

For your curiosity what I'm running:
http://i.imgur.com/ZUmDSqG.jpg

Windows 8.1
Kodi front-end, MediaPortal TV server backend
8GB low voltage kingston containing a 6GB ramdisk for timeshifting
OCZ 60GB mSata SSD
Dual DVB-C/T DuoFlex tuner from Digital Devices
i3-3225 cpu with HD4000
Streacom passive FC5 case
Totals 22 watt max while playing a blu-ray + recording tv stream

It's just an amazing setup and the best since my first htpc back in 2003/2004, nearly perfect except for the skin and some PVR support in Kodi.
(2015-02-14, 02:20)Woppie Wrote: 1. Even while I have nearly 200 tv channels this is way faster than calling the option menu on the right or left and change there.
2. Eventually I want to replace windows with OpenElec but haven't really gotten Blu-Ray playback working yet.
3. nearly perfect except for the skin and some PVR support in Kodi.
1. How can scrolling through 200 channels be quicker than pressing the back key and choosing channel group from the menu?
2. Stick to windows if you want blu-ray playback to work properly. Some blu-rays work in linux/openelec but others probably never will.
3. FYI the mediaportal skin, Titan, is available in Kodi.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Video 
New Quick Preview of the actual build.

REMOVED VIDEO - DESIGN UPDATED [NEW ONE COMING SOON]

(2015-02-14, 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 02:20)Woppie Wrote: 1. Even while I have nearly 200 tv channels this is way faster than calling the option menu on the right or left and change there.
2. Eventually I want to replace windows with OpenElec but haven't really gotten Blu-Ray playback working yet.
3. nearly perfect except for the skin and some PVR support in Kodi.
1. How can scrolling through 200 channels be quicker than pressing the back key and choosing channel group from the menu?
2. Stick to windows if you want blu-ray playback to work properly. Some blu-rays work in linux/openelec but others probably never will.
3. FYI the mediaportal skin, Titan, is available in Kodi.

3. I know but I don't like it, who said I used the stock skin? There's still differences between them

2. It's a hobby and I'd like to try. It's not a must but many Blu-rays I watch are recordings made by small studio's or concerts, not films. There's a very big chance these works just fine.

1. You obviously have no idea but it's like a factor 10 being able to scroll through the groups in the timeline/epg. If I had more time I might have looked at your skin and make a version for you to test but for one I'm not that advanced a skinner and second I'm pretty much done after the home screen 'bug' that just keeps not working for me but seems for everyone else. Just trust me on this, even if I can't find good enough youtube video's I might make some myself proving it's way faster.

(2015-02-14, 12:56)Jayz2K Wrote: New Quick Preview of the actual build.

I like the colours, don't know but it does remind me of something, maybe Loewe or B&O tv's? Just can't put my finger on it but it has a lot of potential and it's certainly different from all the other skins I know. Just 1 question, why did you make a gap with just the scroll bar/progress bar at the bottom? Wouldn't it look better if you let's say add the bar into the OSD and moved everything touching the bottom?

Also have you done the full screen timeline/EPG? seeing this I really wonder how that would look like Big Grin

1 more small detail, the top bar with time and left/right arrow etc would look better if made a bit smaller, same height as the icons on the left perhaps? It uses more screen estate than necessary to my idea having showing more of the background video.
(2015-02-14, 02:20)Woppie Wrote: Let me clear up a few things Smile

Fast switching is a term I made up but let me explain what I mean by it.
If you got the EPG screen like most skins in MediaPortal you can go up and down through the channels, but here's where a lot of skins differ on kodi vs MediaPortal. For Kodi once you get to the last channel (or the first) it goes back to the first (or to the last from first) and all skins seem to use this. However I prefer a slightly different kind of navigation what most skins for MediaPortal uses: it goes to another part/tile where you can cycle through the channel groups and you can switch through channel groups and see the EPG for that channel group Smile. Even while I have nearly 200 tv channels this is way faster than calling the option menu on the right or left and change there. Hopefully it's clear what I mean or else I'll try to find some good examples on youtube.

For navigation I too use the tv remote + cec adapter from pulse eight and love it Smile. So I actually ment the navigation arrow pad on my tv remote and the center 'ok' or enter button. As I don't really like this remote I'm looking into another one and having it work through flirc; flirc + cec could be an amazing setup I reckon if done right.

I know better than to stick to the preview but I really love a PVR oriented skin, so far there's none and I'm really picky if it comes to skins. Just recently I changed my main HTPC from MediaPortal to Kodi (with still the MediaPortal TV server) and it's still just so-so. Eventually I want to replace windows with OpenElec but haven't really gotten Blu-Ray playback working yet.

For your curiosity what I'm running:
http://i.imgur.com/ZUmDSqG.jpg

Windows 8.1
Kodi front-end, MediaPortal TV server backend
8GB low voltage kingston containing a 6GB ramdisk for timeshifting
OCZ 60GB mSata SSD
Dual DVB-C/T DuoFlex tuner from Digital Devices
i3-3225 cpu with HD4000
Streacom passive FC5 case
Totals 22 watt max while playing a blu-ray + recording tv stream

It's just an amazing setup and the best since my first htpc back in 2003/2004, nearly perfect except for the skin and some PVR support in Kodi.
If you mean changing group when reaching top or end of the epg list. Nothing easier to do than juste adding to the mypvrguide.XML :

<onup>PreviousChannelGroup</onup>
<ondown>NextChannelGroup</ondown>

(2015-02-14, 14:15)Jayz2K Wrote: If you mean changing group when reaching top or end of the epg list. Nothing easier to do than juste adding to the mypvrguide.XML :

<onup>PreviousChannelGroup</onup>
<ondown>NextChannelGroup</ondown>

I'll have a look at it later for that other skin, so I can make video's comparing it with the same skin Smile

Anyways I think I know what it reminds me of, can it be the SFR Neufbox I used in France? It loosely reminds me of that interface I think.
Have the revolution one, never seen the older's interface.

(2015-02-14, 02:20)Woppie Wrote: I like the colours, don't know but it does remind me of something, maybe Loewe or B&O tv's? Just can't put my finger on it but it has a lot of potential and it's certainly different from all the other skins I know. Just 1 question, why did you make a gap with just the scroll bar/progress bar at the bottom? Wouldn't it look better if you let's say add the bar into the OSD and moved everything touching the bottom?

Also have you done the full screen timeline/EPG? seeing this I really wonder how that would look like Big Grin

1 more small detail, the top bar with time and left/right arrow etc would look better if made a bit smaller, same height as the icons on the left perhaps? It uses more screen estate than necessary to my idea having showing more of the background video.

For the scrollbar, the gap is from older version. Didn't corrected this for now.

EPG is fully coded but have to rewrite everything with the new design. Work is in progress.

For the header bar, I will make some sizing tests.

Thanks for your coments Rolleyes

First post updated.

Final Design ... a breath of fresh air Wink

This skin is amazing! I love the half ui. Is this going to work on top of live tv...i cant wait to use it. Every skin should have this option. Maybe they do im new. It truly gives a set top look. Reminds me of the sony android box with hdmi in. Seriously well done!cant wait.
(2015-03-05, 14:31)shoulderboy Wrote: This skin is amazing! I love the half ui. Is this going to work on top of live tv...i cant wait to use it.
It is developed this way Wink
Thanks for your comment.

It is by far one of the best pvr/live tv skin.. cant wait to use it i can see alot of thought went in to it
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18