• 4(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Here's what you get when video's playin'

[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
well choosen colors...

nice skin... Wink
cu
I see "enjoy" in the OP but I don't see a download link. How is everyone trying this skin?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
This looks really interesting - great work.

How far along is this Jay? Any chance of a port for Helix or will this only be for v15?
(2015-03-08, 15:09)bob808 Wrote: This looks really interesting - great work.

How far along is this Jay? Any chance of a port for Helix or will this only be for v15?
Well, I would say 50%. I'm working on the music section and still have all dialogs, the OSD window and many accessories windows to skin. Still a lot of work but I code faster now I've understood the code. Sadly don't expect a downloadable preview until 2 or 3 monthes ... Maybe more (In fact it's hard to tell, depends on how hard is to include all features in half screen).

For kodi version, It will be for Isengard, just because some skin features were broken and fixes pushed in 15. It will work in 14 but some things won't display (Ex. The position number of an item in a list. Thanks to Hitcher for reporting this and kodi team for the fix).

Thanks for your comment.

good stuff - by the time v15 comes along it would be great to be able to play with this - look forward to future news on this.
Nice work, I also see you're using the Grey's Anatomy covers I made and posted to TVDb Tongue
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Give us a download link! We're dying to try this! :-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Thanks for comments.
(2015-03-14, 06:51)Piers Wrote: Nice work, I also see you're using the Grey's Anatomy covers I made and posted to TVDb Tongue
Didn't know you made these. Great work ! Art choice is also important on the final rendering of a skin and these fit perfectly Wink.

I made my first try on my TV this week to test it a bit before continuing. Was necessary. I planned to add a dark version in the future as an asthetical option. Finally, did it right now (it's still time to replace all values by variables). Just because, even if I prefer the white version, it's too bright when using it on a high contrast TV in dark environment.
So, there's now a dark option Smile

UPDATE :

- Dark version
- "Fanart" wide view
- Home submenus skinned

Still in progress Wink

Very beautiful skin.
Do you plan to use Fanart as background instead of the blue background?
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2015-03-20, 18:24)bortek Wrote: Very beautiful skin.
Do you plan to use Fanart as background instead of the blue background?

Thanx for the kind words.
If you mean for the selected items in lists/panels, I would say no. It multiplies the same images already in place in the layout so it doesn't make sens.
However, when it will reach a functional state I think I will add an option to choose your own background (as requested in previous posts) and/or a fanart slideshow (but with a random display).

Right now I've not made much progress in Windows skinning. I'm actually fine tuning what's done. Since I switched it to my tv to test it in real conditions, I realized that I had to make some mods. It will be less work for what's coming.

EDIT : For who's interrested, what took / and takes time too is that I built a layout in the code. I'm using 3 blocs (1 for the lists, 1 for the infos, 1 for arts). I develop in those 3 blocs and not in fullscreen. Each blocs have size and coordinates stored in a separated file. I work only with panels listings, not simple lists since a panel with 1 row or 1 column gives you a simple list too. That means I can set any size and coordinates as I wish. This opens endless possibilities. That's how the vertical / horizontal switch works. I can add a stick to top or right option in 5 minutes (it's planned to be done). I already thought about a fullscreen option for non PVR users or a user customizable layout (but I only thought !) Wink.

(2015-03-20, 18:51)Jayz2K Wrote: EDIT : For who's interrested, what took / and takes time too is that I built a layout in the code. I'm using 3 blocs (1 for the lists, 1 for the infos, 1 for arts). I develop in those 3 blocs and not in fullscreen. Each blocs have size and coordinates stored in a separated file. I work only with panels listings, not simple lists since a panel with 1 row or 1 column gives you a simple list too. That means I can set any size and coordinates as I wish. This opens endless possibilities. That's how the vertical / horizontal switch works. I can add a stick to top or right option in 5 minutes (it's planned to be done). I already thought about a fullscreen option for non PVR users or a user customizable layout (but I only thought !) Wink.

The panel horizontal/vertical switch is a really clever idea. Excellent work, I can see some really great stuff coming out of this idea of being able to pin the bar to any side of the screen. Also, its looking fantastic. I'm interested to see what ideas you have for the various dialogs like the Yes/No, notifications or the context menu etc. as those are always the ones I struggle to come up with something that I really like.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-03-21, 03:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: The panel horizontal/vertical switch is a really clever idea. Excellent work, I can see some really great stuff coming out of this idea of being able to pin the bar to any side of the screen. Also, its looking fantastic. I'm interested to see what ideas you have for the various dialogs like the Yes/No, notifications or the context menu etc. as those are always the ones I struggle to come up with something that I really like.

Thanks Jurial.
In fact the customizable layout became an obsession since 2 days. I think I can handle this and really would like to give it a try. Since about 50% of the job is done in the layout, adding some more includes / vars / conditions is not that much. I thought about starting a custom window with the 3 blocs placed in 3x3 grid representing the fullscreen. A simple left menu should allow for each bloc to set column position (1/2/3), row position (1/2/3) and the number of row / column it takes (1/2/3). But that need to keep the rest on hold without beeing sure for this to work properly.

For the context menu, I already placed some in a bloc (bloc 2 which is the text bloc). I think I will stick with this as for dialogs with keeping things as simple and clean as possible. For the notifications, it's more difficult since it appears without the user action. I can't imagine it to show over a plot when you read it or open the half screen menu just for that. I still have to think about these ...

it looks great, can't wait for a test version, until then keep up the good work it is great seeing new ideas and concepts
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18