Win Problem with the name of tv episodes displayed
thanks for reading my post.

i've used xbmc for 3 or 4 years but it is only recently that i have used the tv content and scrapers.

i have been taking things one folder at a time and i have 8 folders/ tv series working correctly.

i have an advancedsettings.xml on all my computers so i use the same database - this works
and i added

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>Series ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

i am originally from the uk and i like my uk tv series to have the format - Home To Roost - Series 1 - Episode 1

and the us seasons to have the format - Cheers - Season 1 - Episode 5

the addition i made allows xbmc to scrape both my uk and tv episodes.

i now have a problem with my 9th folder/tv series - Porride Series 2 - i ripped the original dvd to i know what the episode order should be but http://thetvdb.com/ has a differnet broadcast order.
in xbmc episodes 1,2,3 and 6 are all correct - the correct order and the correct title.

in xbmc episodes 4 and 5 are in the correct order but it displays the wrong title

Episode 4 displays No Peace for the wicked but is Happy Release

Episode 5 displays Happy Release but is No Peace For The Wicked

i think the solution is nfo files - i did get one working for a movie but no luck with the tv episodes

can anybody help me

thank you
okay - i've worked out the problem

i downloaded a program called Basic NFO Creator and it created an nfo file that worked. my problem was on this page - http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows
it said to use <tvshow> and </tvshow> etc

my successful nfo files didn't have any <tvshow> but did have <episodedetails> . i don't know if the problem was me looking at the wrong thing? tv shows instead of episodes? or out of date wiki page?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with the name of tv episodes displayed0