problem with scrapping short (a few sec) audio track
Hi,

I am quite new to xbmc/kodi, so please be patient.

I have quite large music collection, and I put a lot of effort into correctly tagging it, inserting coverart into tags etc. I was mostly listening to it from clementine player on my linux mint laptop, but now I have discovered xbmc/kodi, so I installed xbmcbuntu on dedicated htpc box, and I'd like to transfer my complete collection to it.

Everything works great, except for the fact that very short tracks appear not to get scrapped correctly.

For example, this album:
https://musicbrainz.org/release/48c11184...7b58b94ecc

...has 10th track with duration 00:05 (actually my rip is 00:02).

When I scrape only this album to the library, upon entering "Albums", i see two identical albums, one containing all tracks but this one, and the other containing only this track.

How can I fix this, so that all the tracks are in the same album?

Thank you in advance
(2014-10-29, 18:36)pacija Wrote: Hi,

I am quite new to xbmc/kodi, so please be patient.

I have quite large music collection, and I put a lot of effort into correctly tagging it, inserting coverart into tags etc. I was mostly listening to it from clementine player on my linux mint laptop, but now I have discovered xbmc/kodi, so I installed xbmcbuntu on dedicated htpc box, and I'd like to transfer my complete collection to it.

Everything works great, except for the fact that very short tracks appear not to get scrapped correctly.

For example, this album:
https://musicbrainz.org/release/48c11184...7b58b94ecc

...has 10th track with duration 00:05 (actually my rip is 00:02).

When I scrape only this album to the library, upon entering "Albums", i see two identical albums, one containing all tracks but this one, and the other containing only this track.

How can I fix this, so that all the tracks are in the same album?

Thank you in advance

Just possibly there is a slight spelling error in the album tag for that track? eg an accented character.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi nickr,

thank you for looking into it.

This was my first thought as well, so I re-tagged the whole album (I use easytag for that purpose), applying same album to all the tracks. Problem remains.

Also, it is grouped as one album in clementine-player.
And rescanned your music database in XBMC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In order to troubleshoot this, I first moved all the content from music folder elsewhere, and purged the library so it was empty. Next, I put only this album into music folder and updated the library, only to get the same result. I tried with both local information only (no nfo file, everything is in tags), and universal artist scraper. Even when I turned renaming to the scraper results, it renamed all the tracks fine, including problematic one, but still put them in two separate albums with identical name, artist and albumart.

Could it be that xbmc/kodi treats differently files smaller than certain size, or audio tracks shorter than certain duration?

Could any of this be found in logs?
My natural geek reaction is to look at the database, and/or debug log (wiki)

But I am stumped, and don't know enough of the code to know whether there is any differentiation based on track length.
(2014-10-30, 09:50)pacija Wrote: I re-tagged the whole album (I use easytag for that purpose), applying same album to all the tracks.

Have you tried tagging it with Musicbrainz Picard ?

Make sure to use ID3v2 2.4 and not 2.3 Also my tags are encoded UTF-16. As the album is listed correctly in Musicbrainz db, then I would expect this to work.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with scrapping short (a few sec) audio track0