live tv stops working with once i switch from wmc to xbmc
hi, first time poster but been using wmc and xbmc for live tv/dvr/htpc for awhile. im running into an issue where if i go into xbmc then switch back to live tv in wmc,it'll display an error saying proper display not found , please restart wmc or reboot system. but i find that it i shut down xbmc, itll work again. i played with hardware/software render (turning them off and on) none other of the combination works. any thoughts? thanks in advance..
You get this error even though xbmc is not playing anything, i.e. its just sitting there idle? Also, do you get this message when wmc starts, or when you start to watch a live stream in wmc?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-10-30, 04:08)hung8582 Wrote: hi, first time poster but been using wmc and xbmc for live tv/dvr/htpc for awhile. im running into an issue where if i go into xbmc then switch back to live tv in wmc,it'll display an error saying proper display not found , please restart wmc or reboot system. but i find that it i shut down xbmc, itll work again. i played with hardware/software render (turning them off and on) none other of the combination works. any thoughts? thanks in advance..

It's not clear what you're doing. Are you using ServerWMC and pvr.wmc or are you simply switching to Media Center for live TV and using XBMC for other media??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
hi, im not using serverWMC or pvr.wmc. Its simply switching from media center for live tv and using xbmc for other media , like you said. I only get this error when i have xbmc open while trying to watch live tv on media center. once i close xbmc , live tv works again on the media center.

i did some digging, some say that they turn off hdmi audio and it works fine. but im just using optical and have hdmi audio disabled. not sure what else it can be.
This forum is actually for support of ServerWMC/pvr.wmc and not general Windows Media Center support. That being said you can try turning off exclusive mode in your Windows audio settings. You should really try out Server/pvr.wmc as it works well.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
thanks! ill give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live tv stops working with once i switch from wmc to xbmc0