Win Input timing message
I'm currently running XBMC 12.3 on three computers. Two are using Windows 8.1 the other Windows 7. One is a dell inspiron laptop connected to a dell 2250 monitor. My windows 7 desktop is also using this monitor via a KVM connection. When I try to play mkv videos from the laptop I receive the following message:

"The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications".

I'm not sure what this message means by "input timing". My desktop resolution settings are indeed 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz. As far as the monitor there are not settings that allow me to adjust input timing. What's more my windows 7 desktop (which also uses the monitor) has no problem playing these video files. I can only assume that the laptop's intel graphics chip is the problem. Even stranger is switching to the laptop screen then back to the 2250 (by Confusedopening and closing the lid) seems to alleviate the problem. Also this message only appears when the laptop is connected to this specific monitor.
1. The monitor is unable to synchronize with the signal that it is receiving
2. 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz is the max preset resolution the monitor can support when connected to the laptop
3. Perform monitor's factory reset: Reset
4. Re-install Video Card driver:
5. Loose/dirty or faulty connectors: DVI, VGA, HDMI, etc
6. Isolation of hardware test to determine the culprit
Test each independent of cables, KVM's, laptops

Most likely the resolution or HZ refresh rate supplied by the laptop hasn't passed the handshake signal tp the display device
This is normally only present in DVI/HDMI connections where the signal is kept digital, whereas VGA being an analogue signal is less likely to occur
Might just be a bung end on the connection points/plugs/KVM connectors/VGA ports/DVI ports, etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Input timing message0