(Feature Request) Auto Hide pause overlay?
One last very small request concerning the time and date on the Home Screen.

When using "Show date instead of day of the week" it is shown as "2014.12.03"

Would it be possible to have an option to display the date like this instead "12.03.2014" This is how it is displayed in the USA.

Thanks Smile
Putting the year in front is common when you've got an international audience.

@MacGyver, I've pushed in your newest changes too. The only other thing I need to do now for 2.9.1 is get the weather maps working.
(2014-12-04, 17:24)jingai Wrote: Putting the year in front is common when you've got an international audience.

I did not realize that as we have always done it by Month,Day Year here in the usa. I wonder if we are the only country that displays the date like that?

So an option to change it to the usa style display for usa users would not be possible then? Cool

Anyway just want to say thanks to jingai and macgyver for making what is by far the greatest Skin for XBMC/KODI I have ever used! I mean really no other skin is even close Smile.

In fact if you ask me I think Metropolis should become the default skin of KODI in the future.
Yes, the US does this different as with many other units and representations.

I don't really want to add yet another toggle option though for something this silly. It should be fairly evident what the date means. For Americans, the only thing that's different is that the year is in the front instead of at the end. I think people can figure out that 2014 isn't referring to month or day 2014 Wink
(2014-12-04, 17:57)jingai Wrote: Yes, the US does this different as with many other units and representations.

I don't really want to add yet another toggle option though for something this silly. It should be fairly evident what the date means. For Americans, the only thing that's different is that the year is in the front instead of at the end. I think people can figure out that 2014 isn't referring to month or day 2014 Wink

That's cool I understand I just thought I'd ask Smile

Like you said it's definitely not a big deal.

It sucks that the usa always feels it needs to be different then the rest of the world Sad lol
If it really bothers you, you can always change it in 720p/Includes.xml. Search for System.Date(yyyy.mm.dd) and change it to System.Date(mm.dd.yyyy). Obviously you'd have to make this change each time Metropolis is updated, though.
(2014-12-04, 18:07)jingai Wrote: If it really bothers you, you can always change it in 720p/Includes.xml. Search for System.Date(yyyy.mm.dd) and change it to System.Date(mm.dd.yyyy). Obviously you'd have to make this change each time Metropolis is updated, though.

Thanks for the info Smile
It wasn't a great deal of code additions or changes, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. (someone needs to help out the rest of the world's people that don't follow the proper ISO standard) Smile
Date Toggle

It's there for whoever wants it.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-12-04, 21:33)MacGyver Wrote: It wasn't a great deal of code additions or changes, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. (someone needs to help out the rest of the world's people that don't follow the proper ISO standard) Smile
Date Toggle

It's there for whoever wants it.

That's awesome!

Thanks for doing that Smile
Hopefully jingai can add the "Date Format" option to the official build too Nod
Hadn't planned on it lol.
(2014-12-04, 22:35)jingai Wrote: Hadn't planned on it lol.

Is there anything I can do to perhaps sway your decision? Big Grin
One of the design goals for Metropolis is to keep it light. I have to draw the line on frivolous options somewhere or you end up with a billion of them and can never find anything..

It's already got far more options than I'd like.
(2014-12-04, 22:45)jingai Wrote: One of the design goals for Metropolis is to keep it light. I have to draw the line on frivolous options somewhere or you end up with a billion of them and can never find anything..

It's already got far more options than I'd like.

I would not call my self an advanced user by any means and I have no problems finding anything in Metropolis. I actually think it's one of the cleanest and easiest to use UI's of all the skins I have seen.

Plus going by that screenshot it looks like it would be pretty easy to find the "Date Format" setting Smile
If I did anything I'd just System.Date() with no options, which would provide the date in a format suitable for the region you've selected. The reason it's not like that already is because the default format is more verbose than I'd like. For today, it reads "Thu, Dec 4, 2014", which doesn't fit without realigning other elements.

75% of the questions users ask me is if I could provide a toggle for something, and 90% of the time it's already there, just no one could find it.

It's not about you finding the date option. It's about someone else finding whatever option it is that they're looking for amidst a bunch of other options they don't care about.

If I do anything at all about this, it will be automatic, not an option. I could read the currently selected region code, and if it's en_US, I could format it your way.. but then that opens the door to all the other users wanting the same for their own regions...

To be more clear, there are a *ton* of different ways to format dates. Each region does things subtly different. It's not just a "US vs the rest of the world" thing.

I specifically chose the ISO international date format so this wouldn't be an issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Feature Request) Auto Hide pause overlay?0