(Feature Request) Auto Hide pause overlay?
Correct. Pressing the button will do that thing it says. Unless it makes more sense in telling you again what the button is currently, but having no idea what pressing it will do. I have no real idea how one goes about labeling a button that does three different things depending on when you press it. It would have been much easier if I could simply make it on or off, but I can't, so that is what I came up with.

So which makes more sense?
Have the balloon help also tell you what it is doing now the same as the icon?
or
Having the balloon help tell you what pressing it will do?

I have no idea. I would have thought my way was intuitive, but I may have been wrong. (case in point) Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-12-10, 23:28)MacGyver Wrote: Correct. Pressing the button will do that thing it says. Unless it makes more sense in telling you again what the button is currently, but having no idea what pressing it will do. I have no real idea how one goes about labeling a button that does three different things depending on when you press it. It would have been much easier if I could simply make it on or off, but I can't, so that is what I came up with.

So which makes more sense?
Have the balloon help also tell you what it is doing now the same as the icon?
or
Having the balloon help tell you what pressing it will do?

I have no idea. I would have thought my way was intuitive, but I may have been wrong. (case in point) Smile

In my strong opinion I think there only needs to be one balloon help for repeat button and it should be for the current button status.. I really do not think there needs to be a balloon help shown for what the repeat button will do on the next click. That would be pretty simple to figure out really quickly Smile

This is how I expected it to work.
The Pause button has the same issue.

The help balloon should say "Play" when the video is paused and the Play button is highlighted. And when video is playing the help balloon should say "Pause" when Pause button is highlighted.
Well with one of one people chiming in, I've set it to simply display the button name.

The people have spoken. Smile

Commit.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2014-12-11, 19:20)MacGyver Wrote: Well with one of one people chiming in, I've set it to simply display the button name.

The people have spoken. Smile

Commit.

Now that indeed makes the most sense! Nod

Hopefully this is updated on the official build too Smile

Thanks
Hi again Smile

There is just one more very small thing annoying thing that perhaps you can fix/change.

If any of the buttons other then the repeat button become the default one then when you click the repeat button just once to switch to "A" for All the default button gets highlighted instantly. So then I need to switch back to the repeat button again and click it again to switch to "1" for One. When clicking repeat "1" to repeat "off" the repeat button remains highlighted.

MacGyver would it be possible for you to make a small change so when another button is the default clicking on repeat "A" and repeat "1" button it will remain on the repeat button?

Thanks Smile
(2014-12-12, 17:22)gate1975mlm Wrote: Hi again Smile

There is just one more very small thing annoying thing that perhaps you can fix/change.

If any of the buttons other then the repeat button become the default one then when you click the repeat button just once to switch to "A" for All the default button gets highlighted instantly. So then I need to switch back to the repeat button again and click it again to switch to "1" for One. When clicking repeat "1" to repeat "off" the repeat button remains highlighted.

MacGyver would it be possible for you to make a small change so when another button is the default clicking on repeat "A" and repeat "1" button it will remain on the repeat button?

Thanks Smile

I've tried a lot of different things, but it is pretty much either you can set the default OSD and it behaves that way, or it just goes where it was last. There isn't a way to use a conditional on a defaultcontrol.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.
(2014-12-12, 20:22)MacGyver Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 17:22)gate1975mlm Wrote: Hi again Smile

Thanks Smile

I've tried a lot of different things, but it is pretty much either you can set the default OSD and it behaves that way, or it just goes where it was last. There isn't a way to use a conditional on a defaultcontrol.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I guess you are not wrong with what your are saying. I just found it a bit strange that when clicking repeat "A" and "1" that it switches to the default button. Where as when I click on all other buttons like for example the Play/Pause button it stays on the Play/Pause button and the only time it goes back to the default button is when I close and re open the OSD bar. I guess I was just hoping to get the repeat button to work the same way.

There is a workaround by making the repeat button the default button. I just figured I would ask and see if it could be changed in case me or anyone else used a different
button as default.

Thanks for looking into it Smile
It's the nature of the "button" having 3 functions. If it were 2, it could be 1 button (like the others), but because it has three, there has to be at least 2 buttons 801 and 802 (to go from state to state), this duality forces the window to redraw when the visibility of either button condition changes, this makes the "defaultcontrol" kick in, and so the default button gets focused again.

Code:
                <control type="togglebutton" id="801">
                    <description>RepeatOne</description>
                    <include>Animation_ButtonFocus</include>
                    <height>60</height>
                    <width>60</width>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <texturefocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_fo.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_nf.png</texturenofocus>
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRepeatOne</usealttexture>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_one_fo.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus colordiffuse="SubmenuTextFocused">osd/osd_button_repeat_one_fo.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Repeat)</onclick>
                <visible>Playlist.IsRepeatOne | !Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="802">
                    <description>RepeatAll</description>
                    <height>60</height>
                    <width>60</width>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRepeat</usealttexture>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_all_fo.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus colordiffuse="SubmenuTextFocused">osd/osd_button_repeat_all_fo.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                </control>
In order to display 3 different icons, I'm using 2 different buttons, and their alternate textures. If someone can come up with a better way (that doesn't take up 4 to 5 times the current code), I'll add it.
(2014-12-12, 23:50)MacGyver Wrote: It's the nature of the "button" having 3 functions. If it were 2, it could be 1 button (like the others), but because it has three, there has to be at least 2 buttons 801 and 802 (to go from state to state), this duality forces the window to redraw when the visibility of either button condition changes, this makes the "defaultcontrol" kick in, and so the default button gets focused again.

Code:
                <control type="togglebutton" id="801">
                    <description>RepeatOne</description>
                    <height>60</height>
                    <width>60</width>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRepeatOne</usealttexture>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_one_fo.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus colordiffuse="SubmenuTextFocused">osd/osd_button_repeat_one_fo.png</alttexturenofocus>
                <visible>Playlist.IsRepeatOne | !Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="802">
                    <description>RepeatAll</description>
                    <height>60</height>
                    <width>60</width>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRepeat</usealttexture>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/osd_button_repeat_all_fo.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus colordiffuse="SubmenuTextFocused">osd/osd_button_repeat_all_fo.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                </control>
In order to display 3 different icons, I'm using 2 different buttons, and their alternate textures. If someone can come up with a better way (that doesn't take up 4 to 5 times the current code), I'll add it.

Maybe jingai can help Smile
Hi guys and Happy New Year! Smile

Just wanted to let you both know I just tried the new official build and the issue where when clicking on the repeat button switches to the default button is not happening at all in the new official build! It now stays on the repeat button no matter how many times you click it even when another button is set as default.

So I guess jingai was able to fix that small issue Smile

Thanks
The fix has been added to mine as well.

Enjoy if you use it.
Hey MacGyver.. have a beer on me Smile Thanks so much for all your help this year!
No problem, it's my favorite skin too you know. Smile

Some people like Candy Crush, others Sudoku, I like doing this (even at 2:30am). Happy New Year everybody!
I'm using Metropolis skin from a week and it looks great but I don't have understand if auto hide pause overlay is inside one of the official release or is present only in the fork of MacGyver user, can you help me to understand how to activate this feature?

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Feature Request) Auto Hide pause overlay?0