Display text after end a playback
Hi,

sorry for my english writting mistakes.

I'd like to know if anyone of you have an idea about how to do this.

I'd like to know how I can set a text that after end a video XBMC will display it.

The text is for a single video not for all of my media.

Thank you
just tell her that you love her - its better then letting kodi do the job Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Question 
(2014-10-30, 22:33)Memphiz Wrote: just tell her that you love her - its better then letting kodi do the job Wink

I wrote something wrong for sure Tongue

Anyone can help me with this.

Thank you
I gave this a bit of thought, and there might be a work-around but nothing directly.

Potential candidates to look/search into:

1) Cinema Experience, using a video of your text, or slide stills.
2) Pictures, queuing up your video & picture of your text (show videos in listing)
3) One of the many free editing tools, might allow an image insertion.
4) joining the video with a text video for a permeate solution.
5) follow Memphis suggestion, and just communicate.

Things get complicated after this, but leave us to say that anything is possible in Kodi, given enough effort and will, of course it's helpful to be able to program somewhat. Third party add-on developers are always looking for challenges given the right incentives.
Thank you guys.

I really love her Wink

I think I'll work a simple video with a text and paste it at the end of the film.

Thank you
Not sure if you can do this under Windows, but I have a bash script that constantly polls my XBMC instances to display what's playing (if anything) via JSON. It would be easy to set a flag when the status changes from 'not playing anything' to 'playing - some video' and then watch for the playback to end. Message box can then be created via JSON call to pop up some text.

In actual fact, I did write a similar ability into my script, so that I can pop up messages on each XBMC instance.

@feliche - You'll learn Rofl Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!
A simple way is to use a subtitle file (.SRT) and adjust the time and duration to display. Put this file in the same folder as the video. Both video and SRT file should have the same name.
(2014-11-01, 15:06)baijuxavior Wrote: A simple way is to use a subtitle file (.SRT) and adjust the time and duration to display. Put this file in the same folder as the video. Both video and SRT file should have the same name.

Good one, never thought of that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display text after end a playback0