• 12(current)
New HiMedia Q5
(2015-04-02, 13:46)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I'm not seeing where it shows 1.5 Ghz in above screenshot. Do see storage as only 2GB, so where do they get "ROM: 8GB eMMC"? Is latter storage?

there is 2 partion : fist only 2GB and second 4gb.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
looun, here you go for the Chinese version box...

Except for the firmware Build ID, both Chinese & English versions look exactly the same, don't they? So, don't know why the Chinese version's PQ is a little inferior and it won't take the Dolby ATMOS patch.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
new chinese firmware
芒果嗨Q [Q系列四核-Q5/Q10/Q16/M3/Q3/HD600A/H7二代/H8二代] 1.0.8 新版固件发布

Quote:Records:
    1. To solve the whole shadow Dolby sound (Dolby Atmos) of True-HD audio track can not be decoded, through transmission haunt sound problems
    2. M3 model increases the standby LED light control switch function, switch - "Advanced Settings -" standby
    3. Solve the third video apk, scaling unusual problem
        For example: HDP live at home live TV, the aspect ratio - the ratio can not be transferred to the original play, causing the characters on the screen stretched, deformed characters
    4. solve a long loop, there will be a black screen problem
    5. solve some certain sources for playback, it will lead to the collapse of the underlying problem
        For example: clear breathtaking .mp4, OBS Oh My God, Ment.ts etc!
    6 resolved cut to 4K resolution output, 1920 * 1088 format video player stuck problem
    7. solved mango TV broadcast sources in the h265 occasional black screen problem
    8. resolved cut to 1080P UI and 4K resolution, the player will be stuck 4k video screen does not move
    9. solved BDMV Raytheon 26 minutes and 41 seconds at the card crashes, null pointer collapse Library button does not respond, you need the power to restart
    11. Strengthening the 3D Blu-ray playback compatibility
    12. Occasionally, the phone can not find a solution to the problem of the box
    13. After the upgrade solves Verbatim live, potatoes xl, HDP live to V1.8.6 version can not be set to one-touch access
    14. For further optimize the setup wizard, Home, application management, one-touch access, search, games, etc.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Quote:To solve the whole shadow Dolby sound (Dolby Atmos) of True-HD audio track can not be decoded, through transmission haunt sound problems
Hmm, wonder what this means... still have my Chinese box & will test to see if it can now bitstream ATMOS. May do additional video tests to see if it's really different from the English box. If so, Q16 may be a better box than Q5, maybe.
My HT
(2015-04-11, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:To solve the whole shadow Dolby sound (Dolby Atmos) of True-HD audio track can not be decoded, through transmission haunt sound problems
Hmm, wonder what this means... still have my Chinese box & will test to see if it can now bitstream ATMOS. May do additional video tests to see if it's really different from the English box. If so, Q16 may be a better box than Q5, maybe.
do you have try new chinise firmware 1.0.8?
No, on eBay now. Tried downloading that firmware for a quick test, but download was painfully slow, so gave up.
My HT
new firmware out
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=121.0
Thanks, but probably good idea to wait until Futeko replies in that thread.
My HT
You are right they did say April 25.
(2015-04-11, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote:

I think it's google translated, so it's hard to understand, the "whole shadow Dolby sound" means Dolby ATOMS. Smile

Here is my translation:

Changelog:
1. Fixed the problem of True-HD audio track of Dolby ATOMS cannot be decoded and the passthrough output has no sound.

2. Added the LED switch when M3 is standby, you can find the switch in Advanced Settings --> Standby

3. Fixed a problem of the wrong picture scaling when using the third-party video apps.

4. Fixed a problem that when playing the video for a long time will cause black screen.

5. Fixed a problem that when playing certain videos will crash the underlying system.

6. Fixed a problem that after switching the output to 4K, play a 1920 * 1080 video will cause the box dead.

7. Fixed a Black Screen problem when playing certain H265 videos from Mango TV.

8. Fixed a problem that after switching the UI to 1080p and video output to 4K, when playing the 4K video the picture will stuck.

9. Fixed a problem that when playing Thor: The Dark World.BDMV to 06:41, Null pointer crash the lib and button does not respond, you need to restart the machine.

11. Improved the compatibility of Blu-ray 3D playback

12. Fixed a problem that the mobilephone sometimes cannot find the box.

14. Optimized a lot of other things.

I didn't translate the term 13, because it belongs to 14, only optimized something related to some Chinese apps.
new firmware EU futeko 1.0.8

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=125.0

and... Tongue

beta firmware for Q5 that offers proper 23.976fps support Eek
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=123.0
Wow, didn't expect 23.976fps. Will definitely try it out.
Edit: Just read Futeko is only allowing 8 users to privately test it. I've requested, so hopefully. I'm in; excited to test it out shortly.
My HT
Nice man !
If this works the Q5 will be the best media player in the market!!! Great news.
For those of you with the Chinese Q5 4k box can you play bluray mkv rips with Dolby TruHD sound tracks OK? I can play them and the audio is fine but the video is really jumpy, totally unwatchable. By jumpy I don't mean anything like the small video stutters that you get every so often with the 23.9Hz whatever files.

I just updated to the 1.0.8 firmware thinking that might solve the problem seeing as it contains a fix for atmos but its had no effect other that being able to get sound out of transformers with atmos.

Thanks
Mark.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53