• 2(current)
New HiMedia Q5
(2015-02-19, 17:50)hdmkv Wrote: Caramba69, do you also have the VidOn box? How does Q5 4K compare?

(2015-02-19, 17:47)Skank Wrote: So this box does 3d iso (mvc) from within kodi and hd-audio flawless?
Looking at the Futeko forum, it appears HiMedia provides a wrapper with their firmware that forces Kodi to use the Realtek player (vs. Kodi's internal) to achieve 3D ISO and HD audio playback. Question is, like you said, how well?

if that runs flawless , for me then finally i have found a perfect box

My needs:
- hd-audio
- 3d iso mvc playback (may be with external player as long as it is launched from within kodi)
- bdmv format playback
It does it very well. Of course you have a different UI when you are in the realtek player. But for me this doesn't matter. The box overall is much faster and plays everything in real 1080p including the UI of kodi. Im not sure about 23,976, but in the first test I haven't seen any frame drops.
(2015-02-19, 18:08)Skank Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:50)hdmkv Wrote: Caramba69, do you also have the VidOn box? How does Q5 4K compare?

(2015-02-19, 17:47)Skank Wrote: So this box does 3d iso (mvc) from within kodi and hd-audio flawless?
Looking at the Futeko forum, it appears HiMedia provides a wrapper with their firmware that forces Kodi to use the Realtek player (vs. Kodi's internal) to achieve 3D ISO and HD audio playback. Question is, like you said, how well?

if that runs flawless , for me then finally i have found a perfect box

My needs:
- hd-audio
I'll text in the next hour
- 3d iso mvc playback (may be with external player as long as it is launched from within kodi)
Works great!!!!
- bdmv format playback
Works with the internal dvdplayer of kodi only and this stutters. Need to convert to iso.
Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

Able to show us a movie? of launching from kodi a 3d iso? and returning back to kodi
Can chose to use the rtk player for all kind of movie types or specify it for only 3d iso?
I'm going to get one to try... I guess eBay? I'm not seeing this on Amazon or GeekBuying.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Search on Google. They have a shop. HD audio works perfectly as well.
(2015-02-19, 21:09)hdmkv Wrote: I'm going to get one to try... I guess eBay? I'm not seeing this on Amazon or GeekBuying.

Cool! Very anxious to see a ull review from you
(2015-02-19, 19:12)Skank Wrote: Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

Able to show us a movie? of launching from kodi a 3d iso? and returning back to kodi
Can chose to use the rtk player for all kind of movie types or specify it for only 3d iso?

Caramba?
(2015-02-19, 21:53)Skank Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 19:12)Skank Wrote: Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

Caramba?

I don't have bdmv movies. You can define in the Playercorfactory.xml when it should use the external player. Movies and iso don't work very well with the native kodi player. It seems that hw acceleration isn't working well. But all my movies and are working great with the external player. It feels seamless. If you press menu you can start the movie with the standard dvdplayer from kodi. HD and 3d works with my Onkyo and sony perfect.
And on top it's amazing fast!
Quote:You can define in the Playercorfactory.xml when it should use the external player.
By default with HiMedia's latest firmware, what is used for the external player? Just ISO's?

Looks like it's using a new chip (not heard of it before), not Realtek: Hisilicon Hi3798C Cortex A9 Quad Core.

BTW, I'm not finding many known places selling this. eBay search only results in the older Q5 or Q5 II. Has anyone ordered from these guys? Any good?
My HT
(2015-02-19, 21:09)hdmkv Wrote: I'm going to get one to try... I guess eBay? I'm not seeing this on Amazon or GeekBuying.

Can wait for you review..Smile
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Haven't ordered yet; need to figure out where best/reliable for U.S. delivery.
My HT
(2015-02-20, 03:51)hdmkv Wrote: Haven't ordered yet; need to figure out where best/reliable for U.S. delivery.

I have ordered here

http://www.myhdplayer.de/HiMedia-Q5quad-...art-TV-Box
(2015-02-19, 22:46)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:You can define in the Playercorfactory.xml when it should use the external player.
By default with HiMedia's latest firmware, what is used for the external player? Just ISO's?

Looks like it's using a new chip (not heard of it before), not Realtek: Hisilicon Hi3798C Cortex A9 Quad Core.

BTW, I'm not finding many known places selling this. eBay search only results in the older Q5 or Q5 II. Has anyone ordered from these guys? Any good?

I don't know what player this is. It's used for all my iso and mkv's. It offers a lot of options like changing left right first in 3D, subtitles, Audio, etc.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53